An independent accountancy practice are looking to add to their rapidly expanding Ashford office due to a period of organic growth. The practice have an excellent track record of promoting from within and are looking to hire a qualified Senior Accountant with the opportunity for the successful person to progress to Partner level.
The company are willing to pay very competitively for the right person as this is a key hire for them.
You will be tasked with dealing with a portfolio of clients, whilst supervising a couple of junior members of staff. The role will be client facing so excellent communication skills are essential.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
* Statutory and management accounts preparation
* Managing juniors and ensuring their development
* Ability to complete full set of accounts to completion
* Discussing and resolving accounts queries with clients
* Double entry bookkeeping
* The accountant will also process payroll, bank reconciliations, VAT returns
* Knowledge of key software is desirable but not essential
* ACA/ACCA qualified
* 4+ years practice experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong technical knowledge
* Ability to manage juniors
For more information on this Senior Accountant role, please either apply directly or contact James Young at AJ Chambers. If this role isn't for you but you do possess many of the requirements then please do get in contact with us, as we may be able to offer a more suitable role