About Our Client
The Medicom Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers and distributors of high-quality, single-use, preventive and infection control products for the medical, dental, industrial, animal health, laboratory, retail and health and wellness markets. Medicom distributes infection control products under the Medicom, Ritmed, Kolmi, Hopen and Ocean Pacific brands, as well as under the recently acquired Hedy brand. Medicom subsidiaries include Kolmi-Hopen in France, Medicom Asia in Hong Kong, United Medical Enterprise in the USA, KHM Engineering in Singapore and Medicom HealthPro Limited in the UK.
Medicom has extensive experience in responding to the demand for personal protective equipment in the event of a pandemic.
As the Multi-Skilled Engineer, you will be part of a team dedicated to getting their machines up and running and improving OEE.
As the Multi-Skilled Engineer you will be carrying out reactive and preventative maintenance, working with the production team to minimise down time. You will be fault finding electrically and mechanically, getting to the root cause and advising the operational team of expected periods of down time. You will also be working with your team on planned maintenance activities to ensure the site gets the most out of all the electromechanical equipment.
* Perform mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and other maintenance work necessary across the manufacturing facility
* Mechanical and electrical fault finding
* Perform electrical repair and some PLC fault finding (some programming may also be needed)
* Repair and maintain mechanical, pneumatic systems assisted by PLC
* Dismantle and reassemble machines or installations in order to gain access to defective parts
* Ensure preventive maintenance according to the established schedule
* Perform the necessary technical operations (clean, repair, replace defective or worn parts)
* Perform routine maintenance, as directed by the Lead Engineer an in line with maintenance plan
* Ensure electrical and mechanical safety procedures are followed in line with regulations
* Making quick decision while complying with health and safety regulations
* Ensure in all these activities that the integrity and quality of all products are maintained
* Ensure health and safety compliance of all maintenance operations
* Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and monitor according to regulatory constraints
* Identify and alert the company of any HSE improvements that could be made or training initiatives
* Identify and anticipate health and safety concerns and hazards
(This role will require you to work on a rotating shift pattern which incorporate days & nights as well as one weekend in three)
The Successful Applicant
A Multi-Skilled Engineer (both electrical and mechanical biases will be considered) with experience within hygiene products, complex print & packaging or complex food manufacturing operations and the following:
* Ideally formal engineering qualifications
* Both Electrical and mechanical fault finding capability
* PLC fault finding capability
* Diagnostics and problem solving tools and techniques
* The ability to work on individual maintenance jobs as well as work effectively as part of a team
* The ability to adapt
* Good communication skills