Secondary Teaching Assistant - Sutton, South London
Are you an aspiring Secondary Teacher who is in the process of applying for a PGCE to start in September 2021?
Are you looking to secure a Teaching Assistant role for the remainder of this academic year so you can build up a solid foundation of classroom experience?
Applications are now open for a Teaching Assistant to work with students at a forward-thinking Secondary School in Sutton, South London.
Supporting across Years 7-11 (and on occasions in the Sixth Form), you will be supporting whole class learning and on a 1:1 or small group basis outside of lesson time. During this time, you will be responsible for the learning and behaviour of the students that you have been allocated.Teaching Assistant | Job Specification
Teaching Assistant | Job Requirements
- Teaching Assistant | KS3, KS4 and KS5
- Working with students with a broad range of special educational needs
- Supporting students who require support with numeracy and literacy
- Opportunities to specialise in specific subject areas for candidates with relevant experience and subject knowledge
- Opportunities to work specifically with students who have more complex needs as a SEN LSA
- £60-£70 per day | Paid weekly - PAYE
- Role commencing ASAP and running until July 2021 initially
- 1st Class degree grade from a top UK University
- Exceptional A-Level and GCSE results
- Enthusiasm, confidence and adaptable personality
- Experience working with young people is advantageous
- Good behaviour management skills
- The ability to remain calm and composed
- Aspirations to become a qualified Secondary Teaching in the future
Graduates who have completed a degree in English, Maths and Science are encouraged to apply to this role. The same applies to graduates with previous experience working with young people with complex needs.
We look forward to your application to this Teaching Assistant role in Sutton.Teaching Assistant | Sutton, South London