We are delighted to working exclusively with the UK's leading, family owned construction business. Our client supplies a comprehensive manufacturing and construction solution.
Our client based in Lockerbie are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to work closely with the company's Finance Manager. Key to success in this role shall be having the ability to support the accounts department and senior management team, by completing routine accounting tasks for both the company and its sister company.
These tasks will include preparing budgets, maintaining reports, accounting tasks and involved with month-end management accounting and assisting with cashflow forecasting.
Duties & Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
* Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of the company and sister company management accounts.
* Produce cash book records, reconciling bank statements and investigating anomalies.
* Prepare sales, purchase and nominal ledger records on accounting software.
* Calculate and prepare VAT returns and completing online submissions.
* Assist with the cash flow process through preparation of the daily banking and collating data on the cash flows to allow analysis.
* Ad hoc analysis to ensure that the organisations are running efficiently and effectively
* Answer telephone and emails enquiries in a professional and timely manner.
* Provide cover and support for the accounts department and undertake ad hoc duties as required
* Previous working experience in a similar role in dealing with multiple companies' financial information.
* AAT qualified or equivalent.
* Competent in the use of Sage Accounts or similar finance software.
* Computer literate with strong MS Excel skills (VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables).
* Highly organised and attention to detail.
* Team player with the ability to work proactively.
* Excellent communication, organisation, and numeracy skills.
* Comfortable processing and handling large volumes of data with the ability to work well to deadlines.
* Knowledge of the Manufacturing and/or Construction industry would be extremely advantageous.
In exchange, our client is offering.
* 28 days holiday entitlement (inc. bank & public holidays).
* Holiday purchase scheme.
* Workplace pension.
* Christmas shutdown.
* Discounts on selected items in our on-site shop.
* Free on-site parking.
* Training & development opportunities.
Our client always strives for excellence so if you can bring relevant qualifications and experience to help them achieve this then we would love to hear from you!
Please apply by calling me on either: (phone number removed) (any time) or (phone number removed) (between 9am - 5pm)