Our Financial Services Client in Douglas is enjoying tremendous growth and have ahead of them an exciting technology portfolio. To support them through this, they require an Actuary (Nearly/Newly Qualified/Part Qualified) to join their expanding team.
You will be either Part*, Newly or Nearly qualified Actuary (* must be prepared to conclude qualification) and have proven experience and understanding of actuarial regulatory requirements in the Isle of Man and the UK
* Working with both the Actuarial Manager and the Head of Actuarial to ensure results are delivered on time to the required quality. This will include: Economic Value, Solvency Capital Requirements, Value of New Business, Business Plan Projections
* Delivery of analysis of actuarial results, using actuarial judgement and analytical skills, to produce high quality analysis of key metrics for use by company and group management teams
* Undertaking experience investigations and setting best estimate assumptions
* Regular development and improvement of the reporting processes
* Remain up to date with current and forward thinking actuarial techniques and good practice.
* Develop understanding of the mechanics of the IRIS actuarial projections model used and the assumptions underpinning the model
* Work with internal and external auditors with the aim of ensuring effective audits
* Part*, Newly or Nearly qualified Actuary (* must be prepared to conclude qualification)
* A minimum 2:1 or better in a Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent numerical degree
* Experience and understanding of actuarial regulatory requirements in the Isle of Man and the UK
* Good written and verbal communication skills - able to interact with senior management and communicate technical content clearly (to all levels) including to other non-technical managers
* Ability to work independently where required on actuarial measures, using actuarial experience and judgement, to ensure results are delivered on time to the required quality