One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for an Electrician. This is a temporary contract for 2 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
* To carry out repairs and maintenance on a variety of properties within the district
* Interpret information received from works orders, working drawings and/or verbal instructions, by electronic and manual means.
* Calculate appropriate quantities of materials necessary to complete required tasks.
* Requisition materials from designated stores/suppliers and maintain vehicle stocks as appropriate by electronic and manual means.
* Full range of domestic electrical duties, including repairs and maintenance, design, installation, testing, inspection and certification to current regulations.
* Liaise with other trades as necessary.
* Notify the supervisor of any necessary major variations from the work as stated on the works order.
* Maintain safe methods of work at all times.
* Wear appropriate personal protective equipment for the task.
* Report all accidents and/or hazardous occurrences to the supervisor.
* Report all faulty plant or equipment to the supervisor.
* Submit a weekly timesheet, accompanied by appropriate work orders with sufficient information in regard to job duration and tasks completed both electronically and manually.
* To act at all times in an appropriate manner as an ambassador for the Council.
* To participate in the Council's Personal Development Review Scheme.
* To successfully complete relevant training courses and examinations as and when required.
* To undertake activities of a multitask nature, in line with the Council's modern workforce agreement, upon completion of relevant training.
* To adopt alternative shift patterns and out of hours work as required.
* To undertake any other reasonable tasks appropriate to the grading of the post.
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd