Technical Assistant - South West
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning. We are looking for a Technical Assistant to join our Coastal maintenance team in the South West.
Some of the benefits
- Salary £19,605 - £23,065 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cash plan
About the role
As a Technical Assistant, you will be tasked with focus on the following areas:
- Carry out planned maintenance to RNLI operational assets within the region as directed by the Regional Engineer
- Assist Station Personnel in the repair of plant as directed Regional Engineer
- Deliver routine and emergency stock as required
- Assist contractors in Launch and Recovery checks
- Attend sea trials as required
- Assist in the calibration of equipment as required by the regional Engineer
- Assist Station Personnel in maintaining stock control and stores ordering for spares
- Testing of all electrical portable appliances held at RNLI establishments
- Movement of plant around the UK and Ireland
You will have a wide range of knowledge for mechanical and electrical systems to help maintain, repair, and modify the RNLI's plant and equipment.
To be considered as the Technical Assistant you will need:
- Engineering Experience, NVQ Level 2 minimum or equivalent.
- Knowledge of diesel engines/electrical systems; marine experience; towing licence
If you feel that this role could be for you and you want to support our organisation's aim to reduce drowning, this could be the role for you. Please apply via the button shown.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The closing date for applications is the 15th November 2020.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Technical Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Technician, Technical Officer, Assistant Technician, Junior Engineer, Junior Technician, or Junior Engineer