Join us as a Business Performance Analyst with EDF Energy
(Hartlepool, Full-time, Permanent)
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever - and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
About EDF Energy
We want to bring affordable, low-carbon energy to everyone and to do that requires both sharp minds and smart ideas to help shape the UK's energy future. With the development of a new nuclear power station on the horizon, our goal is to become the best and most trusted energy supplier for our customers, through a combination of trust, transparency and teamwork.
The Role of a Business Performance Analyst
The Business Performance Analyst will be responsible for growing our business intelligence system and providing the information required to drive business delivery. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with numbers as well as ideas, enjoys learning and gives attention to the quality and the impact of their work.
Expected Knowledge & Skills:
· Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in a similar role
· Proven experience of business objects (or similar)/ SAP knowledge is essential
· Analyse large amounts of complex information and use it to produce solutions
· Ability to develop and document procedures and workflows build functional databases
· Ability to carry out data quality control, validation and linkage - knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques
· Understand GDPR
· The ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations
· High level of attention to detail and excellent numerical and analytical skills
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Possess solid quantitative and data manipulation skills
· Receptive to change, resilient and adaptable
· Discreet when dealing with confidential information and understand requirement for information security
· Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Finance, Economics or Business
· Seek innovative ways of analysing and providing visualisation of data to drive business performance.
· Effectively prioritise multiple strands of work and meet challenging timescales.
· Analyse large data sets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to senior management using reporting tools to meet business need.
· Share knowledge to develop capabilities within other functional teams.
· Focus on continuous improvement, as you build a picture of our station performance and industry trends; create detailed visualisations that influence our strategic and operational decision-making.
· Work closely with stakeholders and provide analysis to support the station business planning process.
· Highlight problems/ trends and support teams to realise opportunities by driving the analysis and collection of information to create recommendations for plant/ station improvements.
· Support the Business Improvement Lead to review current processes. Collaborate with stakeholders to implement opportunities to optimise these. Evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis
· Influence stakeholders and manage relationships effectively. Support the PI team to build long-term value-added reputation with stakeholders