At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Purpose:
Role and Responsibilities: Core Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to the cross-functional Brand Team.
- Accountable for the development, management and implementation of Strategic and Tactical Brand Plans in order to meet commercial targets and support corporate and franchise goals.
Brand Team Leadership
- Lead the cross-functional brand team
- Work with Medical and Market Access partners to develop Strategic and Tactical brand plans
- Lead the development and implementation of commercial campaigns while ensuring adherence to the ABPI code, SOPs and work practices
- Represent the UK and Ireland at global brand team level
- Owner of the annual brand budgeting and forecasting process
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and compliance are maintained according to the ABPI and IPHA codes, SOPs and work practices
Therapy Area Leadership
- Lead the cross-functional brand team
- Accountable for team set-up and establishing ways of working
- Owner of team charter
- Responsible for brand team meetings plan
- Oversight of allocation of team resource across priorities.
- Responsible for promoting a culture of reward and recognition within the brand team
- Lead brand team in the delivery of the annual tactical brand plan
- Track progress against plan to ensure delivery of objectives
- Lead the UK team in presentation of biannual Global Operational reviews
- Owner of product launch plans
- Management of brand marketing budget to ensure expenditure is aligned with the brand plan
- Develop and maintain excellent therapy area knowledge and Market Insights (individually and throughout the brand team) to provide a competitive advantage
- Lead the brand team in delivering excellence in therapy area training and development
- Foster excellent relationships with National and International KOLs to ensure support for key aims
- Work with the Franchise Leadership Team to ensure a favorable market access environment for our products in the UK and Ireland.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Advocate for the brand at affiliate and global level to ensure that key initiatives are supported
- Communicate plans clearly and with passion to ensure understanding and engagement throughout the organisation
- Generate support for projects both locally and globally through collaboration and consensus
- Lead the development and delivery of brand meeting sessions
- Be an active member or the Oncology and Haematology Leadership Team
- Relevant degree in Business or Science; relevant sales experience
- Other relevant experience; sales training, marketing, knowledge of NHS or equivalent, sales operations or field based clinical experience.
- Business Insight - understand the core issues that affect and influence the territory business
- Demonstrated history of effective interpersonal skills, ability to provide feedback, strong written and verbal skills, good presentation skills, an effective evaluator of own performance, good analytical ability.
- Advanced understanding of principles of account management and project management.
- Thorough understanding of the NHS or equivalent structure and strategies, and how this impacts on the business
- Ability to Collaborate and work cross-functionally
- KOL and Advocacy management: Ability to develop effective relationships with customers at all levels
- Demonstration of ability to understand and work within a highly complex scientific marketplace
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present complex information in an engaging way
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.