IQVT Quality Engineer
Our Client is a Uk based technology engineering solutions Company. They meet urgent national needs across the UK's energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
The Regional Delivery Partnership is a framework contract with Highways England for the development, design and construction of capital road projects that form part of the Regional Investment Programme during Road Period 1 (2015 to 2020) and Road Period 2 (2020 to 2025).
An opportunity has arisen for an IQVT Quality Engineer to join their team on a contract basis. There are 3 schemes along the A1 corridor in Newcastle and Northumberland, with combined scheme budgets in excess of £550M.
A1Scotswood to North Brunton - Construction March 2020 - late 2022
A1 Birtley to Coal House - Construction March 2021 - late 2023 (Scheme budget)
A1 in Northumberland - Construction March 2022 - late 2024
The current early works are being undertaken in Stockton and Leeds, however will move to the north east prior to construction.
We require an IQVT Quality Engineer particularly for the A1 Scotswood to North Brunton scheme but will likely involve input to the other schemes as they develop. The role would initially be based in Leeds then moving to site in the north east.
Scope of works
· Supports the Engineering manager to promote the systems of Quality Control on the project, encouraging a positive quality culture
· Confidently read drawings, specifications and contract information to review and approve Inspection and test plans as delegated by the Engineering Manager
· Be the key person conducting interim inspections at key stages of construction activities ahead of the inspection request to ensure any issues are identified and resolved at an early stage
· Carry out inspections at a frequency identified in the inspection and test plans.
· Assist in carrying out quality audits on internal project processes, identifying issues as part of an informative report
· Assist in developing specific project / task quality plans
· Maintain the project NCR register, ensure it is kept up to date and that NCRs are closed out in a timely manner. Promote register within the team and be the driving force to ensure actions are closed out
· Review of sub-contractor's quality plans & ITPs (incl. self-delivery works) as required and assist the Quality Readiness Review (QRR) process
· Undertake reviews / inspections prior to and during any relevant off-site manufacture
· Assist in ensuring handover documents such as completed inspection and test plan records and as-built information are captured in a timely manner by conducting regular reviews of the quality registers on iCosNet (BC - digital document management system)
· Excellent communication skills
· CSCS card
· Completed SMSTS (ideal)
Experience and Qualifications:
· HNC/HND or degree qualification in Civil Engineering (desired but not mandatory)
· Knowledge and understanding of QA/QC principles and their application to a project, suppliers and sub-contractors
· Understanding of principles of Engineering relating to the project scope of works
· Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable not mandatory
· Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts to solve problems
· Senior Engineers or Site Agents with Highways construction experience are encouraged to apply for this role
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don't hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website