Engineering Team Leader (Shift)
Grapefruit Recruitment is looking for an Engineering Team Leader from an FMCG background.
The Engineering Team Leader reports to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for overseeing and managing all maintenance engineering activities.
This includes ensuring that maximum uptime is achieved by using exacting engineering standards in the most efficient ways possible and that best practise is used to achieve and maintain maintenance standards.
A key element of the role also requires the post holder to coach and mentor their direct reports by modelling best practise and demonstrating how to complete tasks effectively and efficiently.
Key Responsibilities Include
* Leading and supervising a team of engineers.
* Ensuring engineering solutions are put in place to permanently fix breakdowns/failures and that the root cause is identified and addressed.
* Ensuring continuous improvement with regards to planned preventative maintenance.
* Increasing efficiency by evaluating each production line on a daily basis and identifying what engineering work is required.
* Assist with engineering projects and ensure tasks are completed on time.
* Maintaining stock so the correct spares are stocked enabling fast, effective repairs but balancing this with the need to maintain minimum stock value and control expenditure.
* Managing staff on a day-to-day basis ensuring tasks are delegated equally and to engineers with the appropriate skill set.
* Providing feedback to the Engineering Manager and/or the Chief Engineer regarding what is required in order to carry out their duties effectively.
* Communicating clearly with other Engineering Team Leaders, Engineering Manager and the Chief Engineer to guarantee cross shift communication is effective.
* Ensuring that all procedures relating to health and safety are followed by all engineering personnel and contractors. Carry out auditing processes and procedures.
* Providing training and ad hoc guidance and support to engineers and engineering apprentices to increase their skills and knowledge base.
To apply for the Engineering Team Leader position candidates must hold an engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent or extensive experience working as an engineer in a manufacturing environment. Candidates will need to have good communication and managerial skills.
If you are proactive and organised and you would like to apply for the Engineering Team Leader position with this excellent company, please either forward your CV to Karen at Grapefruit Recruitment, or call us in strict confidence for further information.
Candidates must have full rights to live and work in the UK and a full UK driving licence.
Our client is offering a competitive salary pension, private medical insurance, and good career prospects.
Grapefruit Recruitment Limited is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds