We are looking for a Registered Mental Health / RMN or Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD, with a passion for delivering the best quality of care, to join us at our Acute acute mental health inpatient service in Darlington.
You will be working 42 hours per week at Cygnet Victoria House.
Cygnet Victoria House is a 25 bed mental health inpatient service for men. The service, split across two wards, provides a safe and stabilising environment for men who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.Your Day-to-Day...
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
You will have...Essential:
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
- Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
Location:Cygnet Victoria House
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Experience on an acute ward/service
is a 25 bed mental health inpatient service for men based in Darlington. The service, split across two wards, provides a safe and stabilising environment for men who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission. Our team works closely and collaboratively with service users, their families and the referrer to provide a seamless pathway from referral to discharge. Our approach is recovery focused and supported by comprehensive multi-disciplinary teams, contributing to shorter lengths of stayVictoria Ward
is a 17 bed male ACUTE service. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for men who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission. The ethos of our service is about assessing and treating service users in the least restrictive environment and planning for discharge in a robust and timely fashion. With a focus on stabilisation, we will support service users to manage their mental health, reinforce daily living skills and prepare for independent life back in the community.Albert Ward
is an 8 bed male PICU service at Cygnet Victoria House and accepts emergency and crisis admissions. Our aim is a short, rapid intervention to help service users regain a sense of control and order in their lives, so they can move to a less restrictive care setting and ultimately return home. The service provides expert, intensive, short-term, individualised care for service users detained under the Mental Health Act. Service users will present with increased risks that require them to be assessed and treated in a PICU environmentWhat next?
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you!Click the link to apply.