Shape our future as Scheme Accountant This is an interesting and varied role, providing a full pension scheme accounting service to a portfolio of designated clients.
Offering study support and good prospects for career progression.
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible. What you'll be doing:
To provide a full pension scheme accounting service to a portfolio of designated clients
What we're looking for:
- To provide a full pension scheme accounting service to designated clients including year end statutory accounts, quarterly reports and accounts, and ad-hoc reports and services.
- To ensure that timetables are adhered to, contributions are monitored, and overdue contributions are reported to relevant parties.
- To ensure that payments are properly controlled and promptly actioned and accurately accounted for.
- To ensure that cash balances are monitored, and regular cash flows prepared taking into account all known income and expenditure.
- To ensure that bank reconciliations are produced promptly and regularly.
- To ensure that company procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors and client's other professional advisers.
- Liaise with clients (including attending client/trustee meetings when required)
- Process complaints at the earliest opportunity with a positive attitude, addressing the true root cause and implementing effective corrective action in order to prevent re-occurrence.
About Capita/ Capita Employee Solutions
- AAT qualified and studying towards (CIMA / ACCA) would be an advantage
- with a relevant experience within a Finance and Accounting role
- Microsoft packages - Outlook, Excel (v-looks, pivot tables) etc.
- Use own initiative and proactively manage own workload
At Capita Employee Solutions (CES), we're creating meaningful connections between organisations and their employees. We're one of the largest employee benefits consultancies in the UK, supporting over 1,600 clients and more than 4 million company employees and pension scheme members. Our work involves redesigning, modernising and revolutionising the way companies offer pensions and benefits. Join us and discover better ways to engage with and value today's employees.
At Capita People Solutions, we're redesigning the future of HR. Our platforms are transforming HR for our clients at every stage of the employment lifecycle. We've improved access to learning for Centrica and increased employee engagement with pensions for Heineken. We partner with more than 6,500 organisations, across the private and public sectors. Join us and discover better as you help to pave the way for healthier, happier employees across the nation. What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- Study support and genuine opportunity for career progression
- Private Healthcare
- 23 days holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now'
to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.