Legal Advisor - Exeter
We are looking to recruit for a Legal Advisor for a large public sector authority covering Devon and Cornwall. The contract will be till December 2021 and will be a full time position. The post holder will act in the provision of a comprehensive legal service and for the strategic and tactical advice on a wide range of disciplinesResponsibilities include
To be successful:
- Investigate and case-manage complex pre-action and issued civil claims against, and on behalf of, both Forces.
- Represent the client at Court hearings and Tribunals.
- Obtain civil preventative orders such as Civil Injunctions, Closure Orders, Sexual Harm Prevention Orders, and making Proceeds of Crime Act applications.
- Advise upon and manage cases involving police misconduct, employment law and coronial law.
- Deal with contentious licensing applications including liquor and firearms.
- Provide tactical advice and real-time advice on police operations.
- Supervise, monitor and assist Paralegals in the provision of general advice to officers and staff on a range of legal issues on a weekly rota.
To be successful you will be a Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FILEX trained and have previous experience of handling contentious matters and have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of ECHR, Civil Procedure Rules, licensing legislation, criminal law, employment law and a knowledge of the principles of obtaining civil preventative orders (Civil Injunctions, SHPO, FBO).Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss this vacancy further or any other opportunities, please contact Seema Choudhury or email in your updated CV to us today.