Personal Assistant - Conveyancing DepartmentFull Time 9:00 - 17:00Salary - Dependant on Experience + Bonus Scheme Here at Hales Group we are delighted to be assisting our client, a well-established Solictors and Law Firm, in finding an experienced Personal Assistant from a conveyancing background.
The individual will be expected to provide full secretarial and administrative support to a Partner or other senior member of staff ensuring all duties and responsibilities are conducted efficiently.Responsibilities
- To draft, transcribe, word-process, type, bind/collate and prepare documents as required including letters, forms, standard documents, bills etc. and prepare same for issue as necessary.
- Supervise work and delegate/refer in a fee earner's absence.
- To enter back-up record of key dates in the firm's central diary, monitor diary notes and inform of forthcoming events and deadlines as appropriate.
- Dealing with new, current and former clients by telephone and in person, take messages and make appointments.
- Conducting Conflict of Interest check against Client Database.
- File Management including
- opening new files and corresponding client database entry;
- maintaining current files in neat order ensuring all required documentation is completed and filed;
- to undertake billing processes;
- Preparing files for closure/archiving/scanning including checking matter accounts are clear.
- To arrange conferences/meetings as requested.
- To ensure that clients are, to the best of your ability, kept satisfied at all times and to resolve any concerns promptly and courteously, reporting them as formal complaints for investigation when relevant.
- To work at all times in accordance with the policies and practices defined within the Quality/Office Manual and to liaise with the Partners regarding suggested improvements to any aspect of the quality system and implement the same.
- Recommend ways to improve systems and processes to improve efficiency and/or make costs savings.
- To assist as necessary with other duties commensurate with the post e.g. filing, photocopying, faxing,Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Typing skills of more than 60wpm
- Written and oral communication skills
- IT Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Be able to work on your own initiativeKnowledge
- General Business Administration
- The Operation of Law FirmExperience
- 5 years' experience working as a Personal Assistant in the conveyancing department of a legal practice.
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.