Be part of the Smart Team!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mobile Foot Engineer and a Static Engineer to work on an exciting group of buildings in City of London/West End.
At Smart, we help the worlds smartest companies maintain their facilities to the best possible standards through a customer centric experience. Over the past 10 years, we have worked in the world's top data centres and commercial facilities providing quality engineering services.
We are one of the few facilities companies that understand people are at the core of every organisation and are the most important investment we will ever make. Even as technology advances and buildings change, it is our leadership and personal contributions of Smart individuals that ultimately set us apart from competitors.
Smart is not a faceless corporation. We are an operationally lead business focused on providing visible management and a team that believe in our core behaviours - Dedication, Determination and Dependable - that's the smart way. We invite the successful candidate to come along on our journey and adapt the Smart Culture we have created.
Operate and manage all engineering assets to support the business with no unplanned disruptions in the most cost effective manner. Manage reactive works process to ensure requests areresponded to and closed out in accordance with agreed procedures. To develop management tools to actively report on asset and building performance, and make recommendations for improvement.
To carry out PPM, reactive and breakdown works to all Electrical/Mechanical systems within the allocated sites. Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of Air conditioning, UPS, Generators, LV systems, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all electrical / mechanical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
* Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
* Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order.
* Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system - Elogbooks is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
* Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
* Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
* Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
* To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
* Awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
* To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with Smart Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
* Ensure the engineering team on site produce required near miss reports, dynamic risk assessments and detailed records of site activities, and ensuring any non-compliance is challenged and escalated where necessary.
* To provide out of hours' emergency callout cover out of normal office hours and weekends via a scheduled roster (standby payments applicable).
* Any other task as directed by the site management team and client.
Education and Training
* Formally trained in Electro-Mechanical principles to City and Guilds or the equivalent NVQ and Building Services
* 18th Edition BS7671 City and Guilds
* HNC in Engineering or equivalent
* IT literate
* Excellent customer facing manner
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Aware of health & safety legislation and safe systems of work.
* Experience of maintaining all relevant electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
* Experience of working in building services.
* Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
* Calm manner, able to work under pressure and make sound decisions when needed.
* Able to work at heights
* A team player, able to work with Smart Managed Solutions and client's representatives at all levels.
Why work for Smart?
* Competitive Salary, Career Progression, Workplace Pension, Employee Assistance Programme and much more...
Overtime working will be required.
Participating in the central call out rota is required.
The successful candidate must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
If you love a challenge and want to work for a company that genuinely values and invests in our people, Apply now