Credit Manager - Property Development FinanceLocation - North West EnglandThe Company:
An established, highly successful and rapidly growing commercial lender with nationwide coverage, who finances Property Investors and Developers and SME's to help them grow.Role Responsibilities:
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Adhere to a Sanction Limit of up to £5,000,000, subject to the Company sanctioning matrix.
- Assist the Head of Credit in the development and recommendation of commercial loan objectives, policies and practices, establishing internal loan controls and written policies and procedures for Board approval.
- Ensure that all new Credit reports comply with the Company's Credit Policies and guidelines.
- Report and provide recommendations to the Head of Credit on any exception to the above, via the response tracker.
- Advise the Head of Credit of concentration risks around new business opportunities presented to the Company and suggest mitigants to the risks.
- Identify policy, process and procedure shortcomings and recommend improvements.
- Keep abreast of current and competitive rates and activities, including regulatory issues, and incorporate such into all sanctioning decisions.
- Ensure day to day risk controls are adhered to.
- Conduct pre-application discussions with Relationship Directors to assess appetite.
- Ensure appropriate attendance and contribution at both Deal Forum and Borrower Review Forum.
- Ensure all pricing requests are responded to within agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure that Sighting Papers and Credit Reports presented by Relationship Directors are responded to with agreed Service Level Agreements and they fully set out reasons for; approval / decline or provide alternative terms /structures if appropriate.
- Respond to questions raised by lenders regarding loans via the website Q&A.
- Liaise with members of the Deal team on each specific new loan to ensure that new loans progress to drawdown in as timely a manner as possible.
- Check all new loan agreements to ensure they comply with sanction, in respect of conditions and covenants before they are released to borrowers lawyers.
- Check that all Financial Conditions Precedent have been met prior to drawdown of new loans.
- Attend meetings of other departments within the Company as appropriate in order to promote and enhance credit knowledge within the Company overall.
- Retain post-deal monitoring responsibility for all development loans, undertaking ongoing tranche drawdowns, completing lender updates and updating phases on receipt of sales proceeds.
- Undertake Lender votes.
- Provide redemption figures and loan statements.
- Attend client meetings where appropriate.
- Provide training and support for all new relationship staff.
What's on offer:
- Extensive property development funding credit experience.
- Able to make informed decisions in respect of new deals presented to the Company.
- Have an awareness of the wider business and take a commercial approach.
- Strong and confident decision maker.
- Good communication skills both internal and external to the Credit Department.
- Awareness of how issues within the Credit Department affect the wider business.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisationsal skills, taking personal responsibility for workflow.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Experience of working in an FCA (or similar) regulated environment.
- Experience of working in a similar role in the financial services sector.
- Excellent knowledge of loan, security and financial documents.
You'll be joining a growing business with a relaxed, committed, and enthusiastic team oriented work atmosphere.
As the business expands career opportunities are there for the taking for the right people.
You'll be rewarded with a basic salary dependent upon experience, pension, healthcare, life cover and other benefits.