Who we are?
We are a financially strong, European regulated business operating in five different geographies, with over 9 million customer accounts, delivering strong financial returns. Our Purpose - building better financial futures.The role
The role will be home based with travel to the Manchester office (minimum one day per week). During these unprecedented times we remain committed to providing you with a safe environment and we are confident that we can provide this whilst adhering to government guidelines. The role during the pandemic will be home based only.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading financial services business in a period of growth and transformative change. The role is in a fast-paced, plc organisation where you will have chance to increase responsibilities and take on new challenges in a supportive and encouraging environment. You would work for the Group Head of Tax with responsibility for supporting the Group's UK and Irish businesses across all their taxes, working alongside divisional finance teams.
The role is suited to a dynamic and experienced tax professional with experience of UK tax, including corporation tax and VAT. It may involve some UK travel but this is expected to be minimal.
The UK Tax Manager will support the Group Head of Tax in managing tax matters across the UK and Ireland, including:
To be considered for the role you should have experience of the following:
- Oversight and responsibility for all aspects of tax compliance for the Group's UK companies, including bringing the preparation and submission of the UK tax returns in-house.
- Preparation and submission of UK and Irish VAT returns and business support in relation to ad hoc VAT queries.
- Preparation and submission of various other tax returns, including CT61s and PSA calculations.
- Support with the group reporting process at half year and year end including preparation of UK tax calculations, the overall group consolidation and drafting of tax disclosures for the group accounts.
- Assistance in the oversight and central co-ordination of corporate tax risks arising from tax issues and audits.
- Provision of tax advisory support across the business.
- Withholding tax management and assistance with tax treaty claims.
- Assistance with the management of transfer pricing across the group, including review of existing processes, liaison with finance teams in respect to policies and assistance in the preparation of transfer pricing documentation.
- Identification of opportunities to maximise tax efficiencies across all the UK businesses.
- Provision of ad-hoc and holiday cover for the Treasury Manager.
What we can offer you
- ACA or CTA qualified with significant post-qualification experience and either working at a major accounting firm or within industry.
- Experience of financial services is preferable and experience in UKl tax is essential.
- An expansive knowledge of UK taxation is essential, primarily corporation tax and VAT, including tax compliance and reporting
- Confidence in liaising directly with overseas finance teams and an understanding of governance requirements within a listed plc.
- Strong organisational and communication skills and the ability to effectively drive projects forward.
- Commercially minded and self-motivated.
We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package and we pride ourselves on rewarding success with our excellent bonus scheme and incentive package.
- Share Incentive Plan
- 25 Days holiday rising to 30 days (plus opportunity to buy/sell)
- Pension Scheme - company matching up to 5%
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Private medical insurance / Health plans
- Income protection
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme / Gym Flex / Gadget scheme
- Home working policy
During these unprecedented times we remain committed to providing you with a safe environment and we are confident that we can provide this whilst adhering to government guidelines on social distancing. The role may require both home and office working during your induction period and after completion.Please note - we are an equal opportunities employer and FCA regulated company - we will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening. (Strictly No Recruitment Agencies Please)Note to Recruitment Agencies - Arrow Global Group currently operates a PSL for all recruitment across all areas of the business within the group. As such, we would ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any of our Arrow colleagues and that no CVs are submitted to colleagues across the group. (Strictly No Recruitment Agencies Please)