MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
We are currently recruiting for a HSEQ Advisor to be based in London, but who will offer project support across the group, when required. The successful candidate will have strong safety, quality and environmental knowledge (SQE) as well as knowledge on various standards, procedures and legislation in order to support the team(s) effectively.
The successful candidate will:
* Undertake site audits in accordance with the integrated audit plan.
* Provide the HSQE manager with first-hand information regarding the performance of site based work teams and subcontractors.
* Take decisive action in conjunction with the project managers and supervisors in the event of any unsafe actions, or conditions.
* Play a leading role in the promotion and development of a positive project HSQE culture and ensure that, best practice 'so far as is reasonably practicable, is always identified and promoted.
* Provide day to day advice and support to project site management, supervisors and contractors on HSQE issues
* Provide the HSQE Manager with first-hand information regarding the HSQE performance of project teams and subcontractors and take decisive action in conjunction with project site management in the event of any unsafe actions or conditions.
* Review, revise and update existing safety, quality and environmental management systems.
* Assist the HSQE Manager in maintaining ISO (phone number removed) and 9001 along with other scheme specific accreditations.
* Monitor and update as required Group Legal Registers for the UK and Ireland to ensure on-going compliance.
* Prepare and submit work permit applications for Group projects in the UK and Ireland where electrical engineers and staff are required from outside the UK and Ireland.
* Maintain own awareness and proficiencies to the highest, and most current standards.
* Assist as necessary on all PQQ and tender submissions.
* Gather accurate HSQE performance data from project staff and subcontractors and produce monthly (including and assessment against KPI) reports.
* Provide first line support in the investigation of safety - environmental accidents /incidents and any utility strikes.
* Undertake HSQE site inspections and audits in accordance with project audit plans.
* Issue NCR's/ CAR's where appropriate and track remedial actions.
* Liaise regularly with subcontractor HSQE personnel
* Be the focal point for Group safety training and conduct any site safety briefings as required and promote the development of a positive HSQE culture.
* Develop and maintain a regime of workplace assessments including office DSE assessments for all Group staff.
Undertake and implement HSQE initiatives on sites as required.
* Be the emergency contact and co-ordinator for deployment of Emergency Preparedness Plans.
* Represent the Group as required at any client led HSQE Forums.
* Develop good working relationships with the Health & Safety Executive, HSE/HSA, clients and Local Authorities and other enforcing agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Degree (or equivalent) qualified
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
At least 2 year's experience in the application of principles & processes of safety management including risk assessment
Ability to write reports
Ability to produce HSQE management systems