Our client is a successful and thriving manufacturing company based in Abingdon. They are looking to acquire the services of an Accounts Assistant to join their team. This is an amazing opportunity with a foundation to advance your career with significant rewards and recognition. This particular client is a great example of a company which has thrived in its sector due to forward-thinking management, innovation through investment and a genuinely happy and motivated workforce.
- Reconcile sales ledger for cash in advance payments and credit notes.
- Enter all receipts onto credit control spreadsheet and input on to Sage.
- Produce and send statements.
- Chase overdue accounts for payment via telephone & email to agreed procedures.
- Send copy invoices to customers as and when requested.
- Match all overhead invoices with PO's and delivery notes and code & post to Sage.
- Post all stock invoices through purchase order processing system.
- Produce weekly BACS and foreign payment runs
- Check supplier statements and get copy invoices if necessary.
- Reconcile purchase ledger for cash in advance payments and credit notes.
- Input all cash book payments & receipts on to Sage.
- Input all purchase ledger direct debits on to Sage.
- Update cash book spreadsheets & reconcile to bank accounts.
- Other ad-hoc duties.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a Finance or Accounts Assistant
- You may have specialised previously in purchase ledger or sales ledger. Our client can and will train you on the other ledger if you are not already accustomed with both.
- Strong IT/Systems - Excel is a must and good SAGE would be welcomed.
- Attention to detail.
- Awareness of deadlines.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Literacy and numeracy.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy environment.
Generous annual bonus structure based on profit.
Free parking available.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Geoff Bridger for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.