Senior Developer, UK
- remote work available£40,000 p.a. + excellent benefits
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Developer to join this highly successful, award winning digital experts supporting existing web development services and helping to grow the skills of the development team. This job is based remotely but candidate must be based in the UK as you will be required to attend the office (South coast of England) several times a year. You will work in creative services alongside a talented and friendly team of web developers and designers.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Take full responsibility for planning and implementing websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- Code and implement websites from Xd/Sketch layout through HTML/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins (if required - ideally functionality should be created natively).
- Work with the Head of Creative to provide clear and regular reports to clients during website builds, using Asana to track progress in an open way to allow roadblocks and risks to be flagged to the PM.
- Specify and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites.
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline web development cycle.
- Facilitate client website training, site documentation and maintenance.
- Work with APIs from a number of different sources to integrate 3rd party applications into sites.
- Provide expert advice to potential and current clients, and recommend the best ways of implementing their needs taking into consideration budgets and timelines.
- Support the Head of Creative and sales team to bring in new business with a professional, approachable and knowledgeable attitude.
- Be a source of wisdom and expertise to the junior developers, and a role model of clean code and excellent customer service standards.
ü At least 4 years working in web development with good front end and back end development skills.
ü Good knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS, PHP and, MySQL
ü Web server configuration (Windows and Linux) knowledge essential.
ü Umbraco, Drupal, Magento etc would be good but they are not essential
ü Excellent knowledge of good coding practices and web standards.
ü Ability to build strong relationships, both with clients and internally, and the ability to explain complex ideas in simple language for non-developers.
ü Strong time management and communication skills.
ü Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks, taking responsibility for timely delivery and juggling competing priorities.
ü Keen attention to detail and ability to check work of junior developers and provide productive feedback on their work.
ü Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
ü Experience with dynamic, geo-related, data-driven and/or e-commerce sites