HELP BRITAIN STAY CONNECTED
It's a strange time, but lockdown has shown us how important robust connectivity is for bringing people together. That's why we're continuing to work hard to deliver the digital infrastructure the nation needs to bounce back quickly. We might be on lockdown, but we're not standing still - now, more than ever, we need talented teams to plan, design and deliver Gigabit Cities across the UK. With a £4 billion investment programme underway and plans to deliver full fibre to 8 million premises, now is the perfect time to get involved. WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Once our fibre network is designed, it needs to be taken out onto the field to ensure it will be fast and functional. We're looking for creative Fibre Network Planner that can interpret blueprints on-site, answer queries from the Contractors and authorities that help us to build. You'll also assume accountability for the project management, collaborating with our Designers to deliver the best broadband possible. In addition, you'll;
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Be responsible for the management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice
- Manage and advise on capacity within the Fibre In The Home city
- Help to develop, implement and champion CityFibre network elements
- Improve network capacity monitoring and operational excellence, utilising automation and AI to drive a lean operating model
- Forecast Capital Expenses and Operating Expenses for designed infrastructure projects
Known internally as a City Planner, you'll be a planning expert for civil routes and fibre, understanding Fibre In The Home designs. With your solution-orientated approach, you'll drive improvements across our team and cultivate key relationships, contributing to the success of our network. You'll also have;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Experience in manipulating data and metadata underpinning a fibre design
- Knowledge of Diversionary works code of practice and its application
- Ability to produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
- Understanding of long-distance fibre networks, Comsof FibrePlanIT and GE Smallworld software
- Driving license
- NRSWA accreditation to supervisor level would be beneficial
Join our talented team, be part of the full fibre revolution and bring Britain up to speed - our country currently ranks 34th for internet speed, but you'll help drive us into the top five. Our network is built for the future, capable of 100 gigabits per second and beyond, connecting everything and powering 5G, so you'll be setting the standard for innovation and leading in the market.
You'll also receive benefits including 25 days' holiday, a day off on your birthday, car allowance, bonus and private healthcare.