A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a candidate with a financial management back ground to join an established NHS team to help deliver a high quality service during challenging times.
The post holder will be required to undertake continuous reviews of income and expenditure compared against budgets, working independently with Budget Holders/Monitors. This work will incorporate:
1. Co-ordinating work to ensure the production of accurate and timely ledger reports.
1. The prompt identification, analysis and investigation of income and expenditure variances against budgets, ensuring that action plans are developed with Budget Holders to respond to emerging budget issues.
1. The provision of ad hoc financial analysis, costings and information required by the (Senior) Finance Manager when preparing business cases
1. To assist the (Senior) Finance Manager by calculating financial forecasts and developing accurate, detailed budget setting working papers for future years.
1. To contribute to month end board and performance monitoring returns.
Key duties will include preparing financial information for performance review, to support the production by the (Senior) Finance Manager of end of year forecasts and to service Trust wide reporting requirements. Specifically, this work will involve:
1. Preparation of financial monitoring and analysis, maintaining and developing supporting spreadsheet systems for prescribed budget areas for review by the (Senior) Finance Manager, and ensuring robust ledger coding of pay, non-pay and income within the ledger.
1. Provide advice, information, support and guidance to Budget Monitors and Holders within a service area, and particularly in relation to coding, use of Business Intelligence and ensuring pro-active review of pay changes, the use of electronic forms and accuracy of ESR staff in post and funded establishments.
1. Responsibility to validate inputs in support of annual budget setting. (The (Senior) Finance Manager will be responsible for the final quality assurance of all related inputs and outputs).
1. Interpreting financial information to inform budget holders, and actively supporting them to develop financial plans and in decision-making.
1. To provide advice and assist Budget Holders to comply with Standing Financial Instructions, Financial Procedures, Standing Orders and other financial regulations.
1. To attend meetings and progress work for the (Senior) Finance Manager as required.
1. Responsible for ensuring that financial management reporting infrastructure and inputs to computerised financial reporting systems are maintained and actioned correctly in accordance with finance policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for ensuring the reconciliation of designated budgets between local systems, budget allocations and the general ledger.
1. Responsible for checking the accuracy of journals prepared and verifying that journals uploaded produce the expected ledger results and that accrual journals reverse in the appropriate financial period.
1. Responsible for maintaining accurate and detailed working papers to support all ledger input, e.g. accruals, adjustment and prepayment journals.
1. Responsible for ensuring accurate, up-to-date pay expenditure (staff in post) analysis that is reconciled with funded establishments agreed by the (Senior) Finance Manager.
1. Responsible for co-ordinating work within the team to ensure the delivery of month end procedures, e.g. the accurate and timely posting of non-purchase order accruals and other month-end procedures
Due to the large volume of applications we receive it is only possible to respond to short listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 working days of your application then your application has not been successful