We have been at the heart of the UK energy market for 25 years and are today playing a critical role in decarbonising the UK energy system. As a major energy services and smart metering company with technology, data and sustainability at the core of our ethos and business model, SMS is committed to delivering the future of smart energy. We are proud of being both an equal opportunity employer and an accredited real living wage employer! We look out for our customers and our focus is 'putting our people first'.
Our people enable us to do all of this by living our 5 core values: Safety, Customer excellence, Sustainability, Innovation and Pride. The Role
Reporting to the Field metering manager , we are currently recruiting for an I&C Field Metering Engineer to cover the North East
(Postcodes -NE, DH, SR,TS) Special Conditions
- MOCOPA authorised and safety trained. Typical Duties
- Installation and maintenance of low voltage Code of Practice meters.
- SMETS 2 and AMR variants
- Other related duties as required by the metering department.
- Carry out communication testing for metering and loggers.
- Interaction and liaison with the delivery support team.
- Maintain safety standards and follow working procedures.
- Control and manage stock
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Full driving license is essential for this role
- Recognised electrical/mechanical apprenticeship or metering training is essential
- Previous industry experience
- Good on-site customer interaction
- City and Guilds or equivalent electrical
- GCSE standard or equivalent
- Metering including 3 phase electric
- CT metering experience would be advantageous
- Working on the road (lone working)
- Customer interface and awareness
- 25 personal holiday days per year with additional allocation of 8 public holidays
- After 5 years of service you will be rewarded with an additional 5 days annual leave taking it to 30 personal days and 8 public holidays.
- Length of service cash incentive
- Refer a friend bonus (£500)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate season ticket travel
- Automatic enrolment into the Company Stakeholder Pension Scheme (will commence following 3 months employment)
- Eligibility to join the Share Incentive Plan following 6 months employment
- Life Insurance cover where your next of kin will receive 4 times your annual salary
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91017323