Network Engineer - Exciting ground breaking project
Package: up to £35,000 + 25 days annual leave + 3% Flex Fund + Life Assurance + Pension + Free onsite car parking/Gym/Canteen
Bring your Network Engineer expertise and I.T. passion to us and in return we'll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities.
Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T on a project that will be a real benefit to our MOD!Who are we?
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Established in 2013, SSCL (Shared Services Connected Limited), is a joint venture between Sopra Steria and the Cabinet Office.
We have an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large scale business support solutions including HR, Payroll, Finance, IT, Procurement and Administration for our long list of clients including The Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice, Met Police and the Home Office.
The day job
This is a fantastic opportunity for Network Engineer to join our existing team as they work on an exciting multimillion pound project digitally transforming MOD Defence Business Services.
You will play a key part in having a positive impact on the lives of the Armed Forces and our Veterans.Key responsibilities
- To provide network support to enable project delivery
- Installs, configures and maintains layer 2/3 network equipment over multiple Data Centres (WAN Infrastructure provided by 3rd party) and account office sites.
- Configures and maintains network security appliances, such as firewalls and IPSs.
- Maintain and improve performance, facilities and integrity of all on-line systems.
- Plan, configure and implement networks on local and remote sites.
- Provide network advice to systems support staff, systems analysts, application end users and project development staff.
- Plan configurations of new equipment and reconfiguration of existing equipment and assess their impact.
- Implement necessary security restrictions on network devices in accordance with department policy.
- Monitor network performance and capacity planning
- Develop and maintain on-line systems, comms and network documentation and standards, including section work instructions and network topology maps.
- In depth experience in IP data networks
- CCNP or equivalent network experience
- Holds a valid UK driving licence
SC clearance as a minimum (willing to apply for DV clearance)
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Communication skills to interact with team members, support staff and Project managers
- Willingness to travel to remote Data Centres
- Experience of a complex data centre network environment
- Hands-on experience with CISCO layer 2/3 switches and firewalls inc Nexus
- Hands-on experience with McAfee Enterprise Firewalls
- Hands-on experience with F5 BigIP Load balancers
- Hands-on experience with Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimisers
Reasons why you should apply to us
- We're big - really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you'll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list - we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90938606