Sopra Banking Software is currently seeking an Technical Architect to join our Managed Services team. This role forms an integral part of Sopra Banking Software's Managed Service offering. You should be an excellent communicator, comfortable in a customer and key stakeholder facing role, and have experience of large scale design for projects ideally within the financial services sector.Responsibilities:
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Design and improve secure, cost effective customer systems in AWS
- Produce and maintain service costings, cost models and the continual improvement of these
- Lead technical presentations, demonstrations and client-centric product evaluations
- Lead technical responses to RFI / RFPs
- Analyse areas of transformation within architecture and systems.
- Consult with senior managers to gather requirements and analyse technical opportunities.
- Present technical ideas to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Own architectural documentation including templates and standard Sopra documents.
- Work with the R&D teams on alignment of Managed Service with the Sopra architecture strategy.
- Review application design with developers as necessary.
- Research and prototype new technologies.
- Experience in a similar role, including work experience of projects with major telecom operators.
- Strong understanding / experience of cloud technologies
- Strong understanding of networking technologies
- Good working knowledge and understanding of third party product licensing particularly oracle and Microsoft products.
- Expertise in integration and implementation of service-related applications, such as service provisioning, real time charging.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of software development technologies and interface development and integration
- Good understanding of Data Security concepts and protection systems.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Solid technical background including Unix and Citrix
·Degree educated in a computer or technology related discipline
- AWS Cloud Practitioner / AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- TOGAF or similar architectural framework experience and qualification
- Experience of third party hosting is highly desirable
- Network, server and application virtualisation experience
- Cisco Networking (Routing, Firewall, etc.) knowledge
- Certification in Unix/Oracle/Microsoft/VMWare/Cisco/Citrix
- Fintech sector experience
- Knowledge of banking systems
The team are currently working under remote conditions and therefore we can support remote working UK wide however our office locations are; Dunstable, Sheffield, and London where you would be required to attend for team meetings and training as required.In return:
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including a 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme (buy one get one free), an option to buy or sell holiday days,medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and an openness to discussing flexible working arrangements, plus many more excellent benefits.
Salary of £45,000 - £60,000 p/a About us:
Sopra Banking Software is one of the fastest growing global Fintech companies, featured in IDC Fintech Top 100 Rankings ! We build the technology that powers the world's best financial institutions, enabling millions of people to access better financial services.
We are committed to employing a diverse and creating an inclusive culture where all our people can be themselves and succeed on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a confidential consumer credit check and DBS check. This is a straight forward credit check for CCJ's, bankruptcy and a criminal record check, however if you wish to know more about what is or is not acceptable please ask our recruitment team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90872224