Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Credit Controller is within our finance team located at Abingdon, Oxfordshire. This role will support all departments and is targeted to reduce bad debt and improve the cash position of the company. This is a fast paced department responsible for invoicing and credit control. We work with all internal departments in so excellent interpersonal skills are needed.
This role is primarily focused on reducing bad debt and cash collection but also includes the associated responsibilities of cash posting, statements, query resolution and administration.
The Systems used are Sage 200, Salesforce, Opus, MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
We are looking for a highly motivated credit controller and team player who enjoys new challenges, and would enjoy being in a faced paced and busy, but fun, environment.
* Credit Control - Management of own portfolio of accounts
* Cash Posting - daily
* Dealing with queries by email and phone
* Reducing bad debt and DSO
* Managing AR email box alongside their own
* Reducing unallocated cash
* Producing and sending monthly statements
* General administration activities
* May be occasional billing support requirements.
* After your first 3 months in role you will be expected to perform all month end procedures in line with company policies and procedures.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
* Knowledge of Sage 200 advantageous
* At least 2 years' credit control experience
* Good interpersonal skills
* Cash posting experience
* Takes ownership of managing queries until resolution
* Attention to detail is a must
* Experience of dealing with Government customers would be an advantage
* You will be expected to collaborate with team members but take responsibility for own work
* You will be an individual contributor but the team as a unit is measured on performance
* Must enjoy being busy at all times along with new challenges and changes
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Please note that due to a high number of applications, we will only contact successful candidates for this role