The purpose of this role is to provide a first class servicing to our valued client base, on site on commercial premises, service customer's Alarm equipment in accordance with company standards and provide solutions on compliance. Educate the customer on fire safety legislation and present solutions where necessary whilst at all times presenting a professional, knowledgeable and courteous image to the customer.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Servicing of equipment fire alarms and emergency lightson commercial premises to recognised standards
• Consultation on site compliance and recommendation of solutions as required
• Prioritising workload to meet customer requirements with particular regard being given to emergency call outs. In working Hours only
• Ensuring work allocated is carried out in most efficient and cost effective manner
• Looking for and identifying commercial opportunities and ensuring that these are developed either by own actions or by passing information on to the Service Manager or Sales Force as appropriate
• Ensuring all paperwork / documentation is completed legibly and returned to required timescales
• Working closely with the Service Manager and attending team meetings with the Service Manager and other Engineers to keep abreast of developments, product changers and any other information important to the role.
KEY TASKS AND ACTIVITES
- Service all equipment in accordance with company standards.
- Organise/ plan/ prioritise workload in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Give priority to emergency call outs, re-organising workload as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Service Manager for advice / assistance if the need arises.
2. Customer Relations
- Treat customers in a professional, courteous manner, being aware at all times that you are representing the image of the company in the field.
- Using up to date knowledge of company products, services and relevant fire regulations, liaise with customers if additional requirements are identified, recommending the appropriate structure.
- If unable to personally advise a customer, ensure that the information is passed onto a relevant source (e.g. Manager, Sales Representative etc.) so that it may be dealt with appropriately.
- Legibly complete and submit documentation to required timescales.
- Maintain required van stock levels, carrying out regular checks and requisitioning from stores as necessary.
- Achievement of minimum targets as set by the Service Manager
- Attend regular team meetings with the Service Manager and other Service Engineers for information sharing, development etc.
- Maintain daily (unless otherwise directed) contact with the depot for the purposes of receiving emergency call- out information