Jackson Hogg are delighted to be exclusively engaged with Venator Materials Plc to recruit a German Country Accountant position.
To deliver financial and compliance-based services to our internal customers to a high standard whilst seeking to at all times to minimize the cost of service provision and add value to the business by sound tax and VAT management.
Services are provided to the Business supporting global activities.
Fiscal compliance for the legal entities served by the ASSC, covering UK, France, Spain, Italy, South Africa, USA & Canada, Germany and Finland.
* To deliver financial and compliance based services to defined internal customers
* Direct and control financial accounting processes for entities responsible for in line with global accounting requirements
* Manage relationships with external organizations (e.g. auditors and national fiscal bodies) and delivery of financial processes in line with regulatory requirements
* Co-ordinate all external audit activity for relevant legal entities in line with budgeted audit costs
* Ensure an adequate system of internal controls in compliance with SOX
* The Country Accountant must ensure the interests of those legal entities under their control are fully understood and met
* Responsible for advanced, regular and ad-hoc tasks and areas
* Working closely with Support accountants , develop and maintain relationships with external authorities
* Support drive towards and implementation of global accounting processes
* Participate and contribute to key accounting system projects in Europe as key user.
* Knowledge in Financial Accounting, Consolidation, US and local GAAP, direct and indirect tax, advanced user of SAP and other relevant reporting tools, project and people management
* Basic understanding of corporate taxes, preparation of statutory accounts, and US and local GAAP
* Excel knowledge advanced user level. Understands the potential capabilities of the tools to set objectives to others
* Understanding of Venator's Corporate reporting standards & definitions
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
* Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting or Business
* Newly qualified accountant where relevant e.g. UK - ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA ; Germany Bilanzbuchhalter, Wirtschaftsprufer Accountancy degree or similar;
* At least 5 years' experience in Accounting and General Ledger
Required Venator competencies:
Analytical Thinking - Understanding the situation by breaking it systematically apart into smaller pieces.
Team Effectiveness - Maximizing the performance of the team by adopting the appropriate behaviors.
Innovative Thinking - The ability to 'be innovative' and to manage that process for others and for the organization.
The ability to make swift decisions, based on solid information and taking into account the consequences.
Customer Focus - Implies a desire to help or serve customers, to meet their needs.
Developing Others - The ability to focus on unleashing people's potential and to foster and to grow talent.
Salary & Benefits - Highly Competitive
Proficient/Fluent German Language Skills Required