DevOps EngineerAbout Us
TopCashback is the World's most generous cashback company. Having been established in the UK in 2005, we are now the UK market leaders in cashback and still growing rapidly. TopCashback has previously featured as one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK for 3 consecutive years by the Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 and has been awarded Cashback Site of the year 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2020.
Our worldwide membership is in excess of 20 million and growing. TopCashback is an ethical company and lives by the motto "do as you would be done by". We extend this way of operating to all of our members, merchants and partners as one of our core values.The Role
As a DevOps engineer you must have experience of supporting development and operational teams building and deploying Web Applications as well as configuring and maintaining the infrastructure required to support and monitor them. These experiences should be coupled with a passion to work on your own as well as with others to make improvements in these areas understanding the business needs and priorities.Skills Required
- A history of successfully Building and Deploying Web Applications using TeamCity/Jenkins and ideally knowledge of Build Scripts
- Knowledge of Configuration Management including use of GIT and other Configuration and provisioning (IaC) tools such as CloudFormation/Ansible/Terraform
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the security aspects concerning Web Applications and how to meet their requirements
- Experience with Linux Server and Production experience with applications deployed in the Cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience Scripting and automation on Windows and Linux OS, e.g. Bash, Git, Python, PowerShell, SQL, JSON, YAML, etc
- Great problem solver who tracks down the causes of issues in a systematic and analytical way
- Looks to automate where possible to improve the efficiency, robustness and reliability of our build and deployment process
- Thrives under pressure
- Enthusiasm for systems administration including keeping up to date with the latest operating systems, tools and techniques
- The confidence to perform in a production environment and the desire to deliver excellent solutions and service
- A proactive and energetic person with a desire to contribute collaboratively to the development of the team and the company
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Willing where needed to support the team and websites out of hours on a rota'd basis
- 23 days Holiday including your Birthday off & 2 Duvet days (Plus loyalty holidays & ability to purchase extra holiday)
- We would normally state the following - "Great working environment with relaxed dress code, Table Tennis Tables, Pool Table, X-box room" But only when we are back in the office. In the meantime we can only offer you a great job in a great and growing company and the table tennis will have to wait a while...
- Life Insurance, Income protection, health cash plan and enhanced maternity/paternity
- Good transport links, free parking plus support for public transport users
- Cycle to Work schemes offered
Due to current Covid restrictions, on-boarding the successful candidate will need to be done 'virtually'. However we have adapted well to this and have all our employees working safely from home across the globe, We are in a very strong financially secure position - being a profitable owner managed business with no debt - that makes us extremely confident to continue to recruit and expand our operations in all our markets even at thisAt TopCashback, since we began, we have been committed to building a fair, diverse and inclusive company. We believe that diversity and nurturing a culture where we can all be our true selves at work, makes us stronger as a business. We celebrate differences and foster a fair and equal environment for us all to flourish in. After all, we spend most of our time together.
With fairness at heart, we're committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion, disability, nationality, age or similar. Whoever you are, whatever walk of life you are from, we'll welcome you to our TopCashback family.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91047967