Why do we want you?
You are an experienced Software Engineer/Developer who is looking for a high profile role working on strategic investment projects.
Location: London - E1 8QS
Salary: £50k - £55k DOE
Term: Full Time, Permanent
You are used to working in a SCRUM (or similar) agile process management framework with Cloud-based application development, deployment, delivery, integration, quality, security, etc (Azure, AWS or other cloud is fine).
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a dynamic and expanding company with a common aim - turning knowledge into advantage. We provide information services and training to professional business markets within the Risk & Compliance, Professional and Healthcare sectors. We enable professionals and their organisations to enhance performance by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge. Our services are underpinned by our core values of enhancing, enabling, collaborating and innovating.
We know how critical our employees are to us achieving success, so we make sure we recruit great people to help us to maintain the trust of our customers and develop new, innovative products.
This is a place where you can truly progress. A place where you can be heard. Here, combining know-how with a great attitude will give you the opportunity to succeed.
Main Purpose of Role
Technology plays a key part in enabling Wilmington to achieve its business goals. Positioned at the heart of the organisation and part of the Executive Committee, the technology function touches on all aspects of our business.
This new Software Engineer/Developer role develops and tests software components as part of a development team that has been recognised as a strategic priority by the Chief Technology Officer and operates across our entire technology estate.
As a Software Engineer/Developer you will:
- Manage and respond to assigned tickets and development items from the ticket module and in the scrum module
- Perform code reviews
- Manage, maintain and develop development projects using the existing product architecture
- Make sure developed code is tested and functional before handing over to QA
- Use agile methods using the Scrum methodology, and participate in the scrum meeting held
- To learn and practice new technology, tools and third party products that are incorporated into the development environment
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Develop high-quality software designs
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the SE team come up with new ideas and solutions
- Most travel will be UK focused but the role will largely be focused on working from London.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in the same or similar role with sufficient experience in web and integration-related technologies
- Good knowledge of writing unit tests
- Experience of working using the SCRUM agile process management framework or equivalent
- Good knowledge about working with Git and related concepts such as rebasing, merging, branching
- Good knowledge in T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, be able to write design and analyze SQL queries and stored procedures
- Good knowledge of writing secure, performant code
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90980868