The ideal candidate for the role will have several years' experience developing web applications in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure. We are looking for the top talent in the industry, highly skilled in defining application architectures, building APIs, and automating every aspect of a modern software system. Responsibilities:
- Create well-designed, documented, and tested software features that meet customer requirements.
- Identify and address product bugs, deficiencies, and performance bottlenecks.
- Participate in an agile delivery team, helping to ensure the technical quality of the features delivered across the team, including documentation, testing strategies, and code.
- Work with Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineering team to design and implement cloud native systems.
- Work with Project Managers to deliver customer outcomes on time and on budget.
- Write and maintain world-class documentation and materials for customer and Rackspace internal audiences.
- The ideal candidate for this role will have an excellent track record designing and developing modern applications and a deep understanding of CI/CD, Configuration Management, Infrastructure Automation, and Application development methodologies.
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows and/or Linux).
- Experience with Spring Framework and Hibernate or other ORM tools an asset.
- Experience with relational databases, including designing complex schemas and queries required.
- Advanced knowledge building modern web applications (e.g. Microservices, 12 factor apps, etc.)
- Good knowledge of at least one major public cloud provider (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Good knowledge of containers: usage and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS).
- Good knowledge of data storage systems and consistency/availability trade-offs (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Good knowledge of at least one general purpose CI/CD automation system (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, Azure DevOps).
- Good knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Good knowledge of collaborative application development using Agile methodologies and distributed revision control (e.g. Git).
- Certified at Associate level at least on one of the main public cloud providers.
- Can present concepts in authoritative and clear manner to customers through white boarding, presentations and proposals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for documenting workflows, tools, or complex areas of a codebase.
- Creative problem solver, will own issues until full resolution
- Ability to create wow / delighter moments with customers
- Effective with time management and expected deliverables
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal with great attention to detail
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- A minimum 3 years of experience as a developer in a professional environment or similar technical role
- Working with teams in different functional areas and across multiple time zones
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90980656