Sewell Wallis are working with a growing SME who are looking for a Management Accountant to undertake an all-encompassing role within their established finance team.
The Management Accountant will take responsibility for the financial control of the business and Management reporting. In addition, they will oversee the IT aspects of the business and ensure all financial systems and procedures are maintained in order to deliver the Company objectives. They will work in collaboration with Department Heads to provide advice and support as required.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the General Manager, the main responsibilities of the Management Accountant include:
* Manage the Debtor & Creditor Ledgers, including:
Credit control & supplier payments
* Manage the Cash books & Cash position of the business
* Production of Monthly Management accounts, including reconciliations & project reporting
* Quarterly VAT, EC sales returns & government returns
* Liaising with external bodies (ie banks, auditors)
* Manage the IT aspects of the business
* Comply with all Company policies, procedures and work instructions, including health and safety
* Comply with and promote the Company's values and behaviours
* Carry out other reasonable duties as requested
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
* Experience in a similar role
* Experience of SME organisations
* Hands-on approach
* Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Office
* High attention to detail with strong organisational skills
* Pro-active attitude and problem resolution
For more information please contact Faith Collins
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions (url removed)