As the UK's most innovative fintech, we're taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we're making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we're committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?Here's some of the tech we use...
Our tech journey
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
We're investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google's Cloud Platform. What else should you know...Platform
We've taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world.Agile principles:
Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.Innovation:
Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.Want to join us?
We're on a mission to disrupt banking, and with exciting and challenging work and outstanding perks, it means we work in an environment in which you can personally grow.
That's why, when we're recruiting, we're looking for individuals who are as enthusiastic and passionate as we are about changing banking for the better.
As part of our technology we are developing a number of Java Applications which interact with complex Kafka MQs and will extend to be a major component of our bank.
We have an opportunity for a Java Developer to join our extensive internal development team, where you will work alongside the Architecture, API Middleware, App Dev and Testing teams as well as third parties, playing an important role in building and supporting our Middleware.
This role will include a flexible mix of remote and office working from our Durham office. What will your 'typical' day look like.... (there's no 2 days the same in Atom):
What do we need from you?
- Responsible for developing various Java based applications and APIs/Services that will integrate with a number of internal/external backend systems, interfacing with Go Microservices, Mulesoft and appropriate SW languages/tools
- Design and develop Kafka Topics and API contracts, data transforms, algorithms using appropriate SW languages/tools
- You will be responsible for maintaining all associated design and document artefacts
- Ensure that your developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing)
- You will be responsible for resolving QA defects by working closely with other teams within Engineering, as well as our SRE and Test teams
- Work closely with third parties to facilitate integration and smoke testing
- Play an active role in the Middleware support rota and ensure appropriate handling and resolution of any live defects
- You will take part in daily stand-ups to report your progress, current focus, and any blockers
What would we ideally like from you?
- Java-like language development experience in an Agile development environment
- Message Queues experience
- A working knowledge of Java and APIs using Mulesoft or similar platform, RESTful APIs with consideration of Unit Testing and Security principles
- Experience of working closely with third parties and external systems
- Clear communicator both written and verbally
What you'll get from us:
- Hands-on Kafka development experience
- Kafka certification
- Middleware/ESB/Integration best practice knowledge
- Technical Solution Design, and Technical Documentation experience
- Improvisation skills and the ability to think outside the box to solve complex technical challenges
- Working in a complex multi-vendor solution environment
- Financial Services or regulated industry experience
- Experience of functioning in the capacity of 3rd line support
- REST API modelling language experience (RAML, JAML, other)
- Experience in ESB service integration
- Python/Golang programming language experience
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option - performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme, candidate contributes (maximum of 13% of Atom input - candidate can put in more)
- 'All About Me' fund - £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan - expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance - 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover - 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development - professional qualifications.
- Challenging and exciting working environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90884178