The Zonal group are one of the UK's largest technology providers to the hospitality industry. Our products are used by over 16,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success. These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal's EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers' behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
If you have booked a table or hotel room, ordered, and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out's app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh to our Marketing Technologies Division in Staffordshire, or our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.**This role is remote and you can be based anywhere across the UK**What you'll do
Working in a hugely innovative area, the mobile ordering team are building products that are revolutionising the hospitality industry.
The mobile ordering team believe in delivering frictionless customer experiences that can surprise and delight. We are building applications that are enabling some of the biggest hospitality companies to offer their customers the ability to order and pay, click and collect and pay at table, all from their mobile device.
We're looking for an iOS Developer who shares our passion for driving innovation, and delivering the best possible experience.
Responsibilities will involve: -
Who you are
- Design and build industry leading applications for the iOS platform.
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features and new apps as required by the Product Owner / Business Sponsor.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks in the delivery process.
- Work to fix bugs as prioritised by the Product Owner.
- Maintain and improve code quality.
- Strive towards a continuous integration and delivery process in a pragmatic manner where appropriate.
You are a passionate iOS developer, with an eye for detail. You will have had experience working on complex iOS applications. You have strong knowledge of data persistence including the use of CoreData in a multi-thread environment. You understand and develop to Apple's Human Interface Guidelines to deliver great mobile experiences.
You will have time to help out your colleagues and not be afraid to ask them for help sometimes. You will be keen to bring suggestions for improvements to ensure the team continues to produce industry-leading mobile applications.
- 3+ Years of Objective C commercial usage.
- 1+ Years of Swift commercial usage
- Strong knowledge of mobile data persistence, including CoreData.
- Use of GCD and NSOperation for multi-threading.
- Working with pre-defined RESTful API's
- Use of deployment and provisioning tools
- Working in an agile environment
- Use of tools to support the SDLC e.g. JIRA, TFS, GIT etc.
What we value
- Worked on eCommerce apps
- Experience with performance and memory tuning tools
- Strong UX/UI
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We're looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91050971