Oh behalf of our client we are currently seeking a time served Electrical Design Engineer based close to Blackburn. The salary for this role is £33,000pa, however with overtime you can earn upwards of £40,000pa.
Standard working hours are 8am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
To be considered for this role you must be willing to travel both nationally and internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Interpretation of customer specification and requirements leading to production of detailed functional design specifications
* Undertake all aspects of design for machines and systems including conceptual design, detailed design and production of detailed drawings
* Production of electrical Schematic Diagrams & General Arrangements using AutoCAD
* Production of all aspects of design documentation to facilitate material procurement, electrical assembly and machine wiring
* Calculation and specification of drive and motor sizes.
* Design and implementation of machine user interface systems, to include Ethernet IP, Profinet/Profisafe, EtherCAT, Profibus, Devicenet & DSI Communications protocols
* Control & liaise with both customers and suppliers.
* Specifying & purchasing of parts from approved suppliers.
* Provide support to & liaise with internal departments
Skills & Experience:
* Previous experienced of machine control systems
* Experience of design & specification of PLC and Drive control systems (Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron)
* Must be HNC/HND or Degree qualified in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
* Preferably an experienced user of AutoCAD
* 20 days holiday + BH. Increasing to 25 days with service
* Over-time rates paid at time + ½ & double time
* Healthcare package
Pensions 'Auto-enrolment occupational pension scheme' contribution
* Be motivated & work well both as part of a team or individually on projects
* Be prepared to travel both in the UK & Worldwide
* Must be well presented and possess good interpersonal skills
* Must hold UK driving license
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted