Service Delivery ManagerLocation:
Potters Bar, HertfordshireJob type:
PermanentWho we are
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. What we're building
We now need a Service Delivery Manager to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the finance function, so it can be a trusted and commercial partner that influences the business to make good financial decisions, by delivering excellent support, expertise and high quality management information.Job summary
Reporting to the Financial Accounting and Reporting (FA&R) Director, working closely with other members of the Finance Senior Leadership Team and the Finance Business Partners, this role will be responsible for managing key finance and actuarial deliveries across CLUK Finance to ensure that internal and external deadlines and service levels are met. The role includes identifying and anticipating the need for change and to continuously improve quality and efficiency of processes and outputs.
Note that although this role reports to the FA&R Director responsibilities will span CLUK Finance. What you'll doActively manages the respective "end to end" close processes and reporting delivery timetables for monthly, quarterly, annual and adhoc business as usual deliveries.
Key deliveries include the following:
Management of Finance Resources
- Monthly finance, actuarial and investment close processes to ensure that internal consolidated Canadian Group reporting deliveries and deadlines are met to the required standard across CLUK
- Quarterly finance, actuarial and investment deliveries to meet Group reporting (both Canadian IFRS and LICAT) and SII reporting requirements across CLUK.
- Annual statutory and regulatory reporting requirements across all entities and jurisdictions within CLUK.
- AnnualORSA including Stress and Scenario Testing requirements for Risk Function
- Adhocactuarial modelling requirements
- Regular and adhoc Investment Reporting deliveries for non CLUKGWL entities
- Other as required
Management of Finance risks and Issues
- Actively manages people and infrastructure resources (including actuarial modelling resources) across CLUK Finance to ensure that BAU responsibilities are met to the required deadlines and quality standards
- Plan and forecasting of business as usual delivery requirements and resources (including people and infrastructure) and prioritise and schedule activity to maximise productivity and minimise risk of non-delivery
- In conjunction with the respective finance manager and PX identify, specify and recruit ( as required) additional resources.
Management of Process Improvement Cycle
- Maintains the register of risks and issues for respective deliveries.
- Ensures that any risks and issues identified are actively monitored and managed across CLUK Finance to ensure that BAU responsibilities are met to the required deadlines and quality standards
Conflict Management and Resolution
- Continuous process improvement cycle embedded with lessons learned from each reporting cycle reported either remediated in next reporting cycle, prioritised with Finance Change team or accepted as appropriate
Who you are
- Actively manages conflict that may impact delivery and challenges upwards / via matrix working with strong influencing and team working skills
- Proven experience as a successful project manager comfortable working in a Life Insurance/ Financial Services Finance/Actuarial environment.
- Demonstrates judgement and expertise to enable deadlines to be met with an awareness of the complexity of finance, investment and actuarial systems and broader business priorities.
- Able to build relationships and gain trust and respect at all levels
- Track record of leading multi-disciplinary high performing teams
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates effective time management, prioritisation and organisational skills to ensure deadlines met.
Recognised Project management qualifications eg [Prince 2 ]What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent and build rewarding careers with us.Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91075157