Job Title: Systems Engineer
Locations: Gloucester About the role...
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Centre Engineering Team, contributing to developing mission critical applications and systems as part of growing team working alongside world class partner organisations.Main Duties:
What we are looking for...Experience with the following tools/technologies:
- Performs administration and backup tasks.
- Maintains relevant records and documentation.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications and services
- Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
- Assists in Red hat migration to CentOS.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature.
- Linux administration
- Contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution.
- Contributes to maintaining system operation.
- Assists in database support activities.
- Assists in investigation and resolution of network problems.
- Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
About Raytheon UK
- Knowledge of Linux Red Hat and CentOS
- Knowledge of Windows server 2012, Windows 7,10
- Active Directory administration
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Linux administration and deployment
- Windows Deployment Sever (WDS)
- Red hat migration
- VMware Vsphere ESXi administration
- Atlassian tool-set administration (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo etc.) for software development teams
- Commercial Anti Virus deployment and maintenance
- Support and maintenance of Server, Storage and Desktop hardware
- Network health monitoring
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space businessAbout Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities .Diversity:
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers. Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.comand search by location or Req ID: 154090BR.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90779063