Gigaclear is a high growth company delivering fibre-optic broadband to underserved rural communities in England. Started in 2010, the company is expanding rapidly across England. With head offices based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and a significant proportion of staff based in the field Gigaclear currently has over 400 employees and is pursuing ambitious growth plans.
We have an ambition to make a significant difference to the broadband landscape in rural England and improve our customers lives through the provision of world class broadband services.
The Systems Development area is responsible for the operational systems needed to run the business. This includes but is not limited to:
• Systems Team: Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of all the systems used by the business. This includes managing servers, data centres, cloud platforms and to provide automation for the software deployments.
• OSS Team: Responsible for the operations support system (Netadmin, Mosaic and others). Supports the provisioning, monitoring, control and management of the services and devices on the network.
• Business Process Automation Team: Responsible for the automation of the Business Processes defined within the company.
• Web Development Team: Responsible for the development and maintenance of the website and web applications used by the company. This includes the definition, implementation and maintenance of UI/UX frameworks and necessary backend.
Purpose of the job
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with other Technology Teams, owning the deployment, operation and support of our on-premise and cloud-based production systems, ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of the environments. As well as automation of the company's operations and processes and support and maintenance of all the applications developed in the company. This role is a technical role with high degree of business user interaction. You will need to be able to communicate with and engage with users of varying levels of technical proficiency. We will support you in fulfilling your potential and you will benefit from training and development from our experienced and expert engineers.
Key Accountability & Responsibilities
• Support and maintenance of all the developed systems
• Improving and refining our existing infrastructure
• Change and Release management of Production and Pre-Production Systems
• Automation and Optimisation of Administration Tasks and Systems interoperability
• Regression Testing and Operational Readiness validation
• Pairing with existing team members to share and learn
• Ensure quality and timeliness of documentation
• Adhere and contribute to Company policies and standards
• Peer review of other team members' code
• Champion best practice and Agile methods
Knowledge & Skills
o Ability to develop and reuse solutions using Bash and Python
o Proficient with SQL and Elasticsearch
o Ability to use Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Git and other DevOps tools
o Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
o Experience with AWS
o Security focused, problem solver and driven to automate
o Passionate about building and maintaining complex systems
o Continuous improvement of processes and practices
o Ability to collaborate and communicate with others
o Devise and implement automation pipelines using GitOps methodology
• Nice to have
o Configuring/Managing/Installing Linux
o Use of monitoring tools such as Icinga
o Knowledge and experience with TDD & BDD approaches
o Experience with GIS
o Experience with BPM
Qualifications & Accreditations
Degree level of education or equivalent experience. AWS Certification would be beneficial.
Find a way - we will work together to deliver market-leading solutions and provide customer service excellence to our communities
Do the right thing - we always base our decisions on what we believe is fair, considerate and in the best interest of our customers and our colleagues
Be committed - we are all accountable for our actions and work relentlessly with our many customers to deliver on our promises
Keep it simple - we take potentially complex and confusing information and we make it easy for everyone to understand
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to adopt a flexible attitude to the duties which may be varied (after discussion), subject to the needs of the business and in keeping with the general profile of the role.
Gigaclear is not currently engaging with any external recruitment agencies or suppliers for this role. Gigaclear has a preferred supplier list of Agencies / Suppliers with whom T&Cs have been agreed and Gigaclear will only accept CVs from these suppliers for roles we have formally requested they work - this request will come from a member of the HR team. Any speculative CVs submitted without this request will be deemed property of Gigaclear and may be engaged with directly without Gigaclear being liable for any "introduction fee".
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90879911