The Finance Business Partner will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of the newly created set up of the Marketing, Sales & Service organisation by enabling effective decision-making through business partnering multiple different functional areas and providing end-to-end support on any finance-related matters that arise.
The new Group Marketing, Sales & Service organisation has been set up to work to accelerate change across markets towards a leaner organisation by reducing duplication and introducing more common ways of working. It includes several functional areas collaborating very closely with local markets such as Brand & Content, Customer Services, E-Commerce & Digital Marketing, Retail, CRM, Analytics and Mobile. This an exciting opportunity to work in a truly international team with stakeholders in different countries and to get a broad view on Marketing, Sales & Service across the TUI Group.
We are looking for someone with that essential blend of commercial acumen, a strategic mindset, able to have challenging conversations to director level and lead by example in this ever-changing and exciting world of travel - if that sounds like you, then we can't wait to hear from you!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague's welfare is important to us. We're beginning to open our Luton offices in limited ways in line with government guidelines. However, it's very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th November 2020. How you will make an impact as a Finance Business Partner
There are many ways for you to get involved:
What you will bring as a Finance Business Partner
- Partner multiple directors in Marketing, Sales & Service (MS&S) to provide them and their teams with end-to-end finance support. This includes sound reporting on FTE, cost budgets and KPIs, modelling and tracking of commercial initiatives, as well as providing guidance on relevant governance processes. You will also develop common templates for the different teams to ensure comparability of performance.
- Take full responsibility for the planning and control cycle of the MS&S cost centres in Group overheads, by preparing reporting and analysis on budget, forecasts and actuals as well as proactively advising on risks and opportunities. You will also liaise with the Group Accounting & Reporting teams in the relevant legal entities to ensure requirements for reporting are being met.
- Liaise with the local markets to set up a new framework and process to report on the full MS&S headcount and cost base across all markets on a comparable basis and map this against how this is reported in the HFM consolidation system by the local markets to be able to model the impact of central initiatives onto local distribution and overhead costs in the P&L.
- Work closely with the Commercial Finance Manager and Finance Analyst to ensure that accurate and complete KPI reporting for the partnered areas is included in the Group MS&S KPI reporting pack that is submitted to the Group Executive Committee on a monthly basis. You will liaise with different teams in the markets to gather their KPI data based on the agreed definitions, as well as write commentary on performance based on their input.
- Prepare presentations for the Chief Marketing Officer and wider MS&S leadership team on strategy and (financial) performance of the MS&S organisation. You will support to drive the strategic planning process and develop a set of templates for the different functional areas and markets to ensure that required data and input for presentations are being gathered in a consistent way.
- Train and coach one direct report, ensuring they have clear direction, prioritisation of workload and personal development.
There is more than one way to the perfect fit - here are some of the ideal things:
TUI and you
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with relevant PQE and finance business partnering experience
- Strong commercial acumen with ability to translate strategic goals into clearly defined KPIs and measures
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills and ability to process and visualise large amounts of data in a meaningful way
- Excellent presentation skills and proven experience in communicating effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Comfortable dealing with change, ambiguity and able to deliver high-quality reports under tight deadlines
- Effective in time management and can work flexibly and independently
- Fluent in English, other languages are desirable but not essential (German, Dutch)