SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.Job Description
- Job Title: Mechanical Testing Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: 40 per week
- Job Location: Manchester
- Remuneration: Competitive salary based upon experience level.
As Mechanical Testing Manager
you'll be responsible for planning and coordinating the daily operations of the laboratory ensuring priorities and deadlines are met, from order receipt to delivery. You'll deploy and manage resources for testing to ensure effective utilisation and planning of operational needs. You'll lead and build the development of the testing team capabilities including cross training of business activities to support effective deployment of team members and maintain business through service and quality excellence.Key Accountabilities;
- Interface between Quality and Technical departments to enable pro-active and effective interactions which will support business needs
- Provide hands-on leadership to develop, mentor, and coach existing and new team members in test, evaluation philosophy and methods.
- Coach and support technicians to evaluate, understand and interpret technical specifications in order to promote excellent service delivery.
- Responsible for documentation and in-line with agreed timeframes for the review of all test and evaluation procedures to ensure adherence with quality standards
- Interface with both external and internal customers to ensure clear definition of test requirements, methods, and resources.
- Overall authority for robust contract review of all orders to ensure client requirements are understood and met.
- Produce/authorise technical reports to required standards and deadlines, as defined by quality procedures and contractual requirements.
To be successful in this role, you'll need substantial and recent experience in a similar role within the Materials Testing sector. You'll have a thorough understanding and experience of client demands in a Materials Testing environment. You'll also need experience with ISO 17025 accreditation with the ability to understand and interpret testing standards.In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
Additional InformationAPPLY NOW
- Commercial aptitude and market knowledge with the ability to drive top and bottom line.
- Understanding of business requirements in a fast paced and changing environment and responding to deadlines.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with strong technical focus and commercial acumen.
- Ability to motivate and influence positive outcomes.
- Ability to organise people, workloads and able to prioritise tasks.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in technical related discipline
for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90909545