Oakleaf currently have an exciting opportunity for a hospital director. Based our new hospital which has recently opened near Sleaford. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and committed HD to take the reins at this fantastic new service.
Must be RMN/RNLD/RGN trained nurse with significant management experience.
Magna House provides recovery and rehabilitation across our 18 beds for people who are experiencing mental health issues.
Fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to be part of something from the start and make the role their own.Main function of the job:-
responsible for the strategic, financial and day-to-day running of hospital - liaise with clinical and non-clinical staff and other partner organisations, while considering the demands of political policy and local circumstances.
Conduct and administer fiscal operations, including accounting, planning budgets, authorising expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.Main duties of the role:-
Personal Specification:-Qualification/Professional development
- Consult with medical, business, and community groups to discuss service problems, respond to community needs, enhance public relations, coordinate activities and plans, and promote health programs.
- Develop and implement organisational policies and procedures for the facility or medical unit.
- Lead on Mental Health act 1983 related assessment and treatment
- Direct or conduct recruitment, hiring and training of personnel.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel.
- Establish work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
- Maintain awareness of advances in medicine, computerised diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and financing options.
- Maintain communication between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads by attending board meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- Plan, implement and administer programs and services including personnel administration, training, and coordination of medical, nursing and physical plant staff.
- Review and analyse facility activities and data to aid planning and cash and risk management and to improve service utilisation.
- Establish objectives and evaluative or operational criteria for units they manage.
- Monitor the use of inpatient beds, facilities, and staff to ensure effective use of resources and assess the need for additional staff, equipment, and services.
- Prepare activity reports to inform management of the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and quality initiatives.
- Manage change in integrated health care delivery systems, such as work restructuring, technological innovations, and shifts in the focus of care.
- Inspect facilities and recommend building or equipment modifications to ensure emergency readiness and compliance to access, safety, and sanitation regulations.
- Develop and maintain computerised record management systems to store and process data such as personnel activities and information, and to produce reports.
- Develop instructional materials and conduct in-service and community-based educational programs.
- Develop or expand and implement medical programs or health services that promote research, rehabilitation, and community health
- Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
- Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
· Degree level education or equivalent
· Evidence of continued learning/development
· Nurse Trained Nurse with active PIN
· Experience of leading service and/or transformational change
· Experience of Management of complex projects
· Experience of effective partnership working with internal and external stakeholdersLeadership and Management Style
· Dynamic, passionate, open participative and supportive leadership style
· Ability to demonstrate a robust performance management approach
· Strong influencing skills with the ability to shape development across the health and social care systemSkills
· Able to influence, negotiate and persuade regarding complex or sensitive issues
· Ability to operate effectively in clinical academic operational environment with multiple stakeholders
· Ability to motivate and lead staff to deliver operational objectives and standards
· Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills both verbal, written and presentation and excellent listening skills, including facilitation.
· Ability to encourage multi-professional team working and problem solving
· Ability to think and plan strategically, tactically and creatively.
· Advanced MS office: Intermediate Word/PowerPoint skills/Excel
· Attention to detail
· Team Player
· Proactive, versatile and problem solving approach
· Able to seek and exploit opportunities to advance objectives
· Robust and persistent in pursuit of objectives and maintaining personal credibility
· Able to prioritise and work under pressureWhat Next:
Please upload your CV and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch shortly.