Provectus Recruitment are currently partnered with a leading High-Tech system's manufacturing business in Basingstoke. With 50% year on year growth & a five-year plan to £75m turnover, we are seeking a Procurement Manager to create a high-performing procurement & supply chain team, from a team that is currently managing backlog in a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate will be joining this business during a period of substantial change. Thus, we are looking for a Procurement Managers that has experience turning procurement functions around, leading, developing & training key team members and driving continuous improvement and overall efficiency. The base resources to do this are in place, we are looking for someone to take the lead.
* Establish procurement needs of engineering projects from initial project meetings
* Manage procurement resource of projects released from engineering, ensuring OTD of parts in-line with project schedule
* Work alongside planning, ensuring relevant parts of expedited according to schedule
* Carry out supplier audits
* Manage and develop procurement team, develop performance metrics to improve supply chain performance
* Develop & train team members, enabling them to progress from project buyers to commodity buyers & supply chain managers
* Define procurement processes in line with ISO9001:2015 & be involved in the implementation of the company's new ERP system
To be successful as a Procurement Manager, candidates need to have substantial experience in a procurement leadership role within a manufacturing or production engineering environment.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent communicative skills, someone that is approachable, dependable & willing to help others and add value wherever possible.
* Building, leading, training, developing high-performance procurement/supply chain teams
* Procurement leadership experience within manufacturing
* Understanding of complex supply chains
* Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
* Motivation, tenacity, desire to build & grow with the business
PLEASE NOTE: This business is ideally seeking candidates that can start in this role immediately