Senior Risk Pricing Analyst Contract Type:
Circa £40,000 dependent on experience Location:
: WL4Closing Date for applications:
Wed 11th November 2020Senior Risk Pricing Analyst:
Ageas in Bournemouth is seeking a Senior Risk Pricing Analyst to play a pivotal role in the performance and profitable development of Ageas products through control of technical pricing in response to claims trends, market conditions and regulatory impact.
The Senior Risk Pricing Analyst will be responsible for driving forward improvements in pricing analytics using the latest statistical techniques worked through to implementable rating outputs. The role will include liaison with a broad spectrum of internal, industry and insurer stakeholders so strong communication, negotiation and stakeholder management will be core to the role.Main Responsibilities as the Senior Risk Pricing Analyst are (but not limited to):
Skills and experience you need as a Senior Risk Pricing Analyst include:
- Review portfolio mix and claims performance and make pricing recommendations to control areas of poor performance and achieve profitable growth.
- Mentor junior analysts and set/monitor team objectives.
- Assist with the delivery of complex implementable pricing solutions that are robustly tested and monitored.
- Identify and deliver new and enhanced management information to support pricing decisions using traditional and advanced techniques.
- Assist with evaluating new statistical techniques, rating concepts and tools.
- Monitor and make recommendations to improve our competitive position through market tools.
- Analyse the impact to technical rates of changes in regulation.
- Assist Underwriting team in development of pricing for new products/features and pricing referrals.
- Collaborate with the Retail Pricing team in developing an effective framework for end to end pricing.
- Assist with accurate forecasting of loss ratio and volume performance.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Senior Risk Pricing Analyst role based in Bournemouth:
- At least bachelors level education in a numerate discipline.
- At least 2 years general insurance experience in a Pricing function.
- Strong Radar experience (Emblem experience would be an advantage).
- Experience of data science techniques / tools is an advantage.
- Highly numerate and analytical - must be able to understand, evaluate and interpret complex financial data.
- Results focused and able to prioritise in order to meet strict deadlines and business objectives.
- Able to produce and present high-quality written work to a variety of audiences.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative and be adaptable to change.
- Ability to deal with and influence colleagues at all levels of the business, with confidence in decision making.
- Good at probing facts and challenging assumptions. Respected and trusted by others with a high level of integrity and objectivity.
- Good understanding of Ageas operations and business models.
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 10 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Actuarial study support is available.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
With a history of almost 200 years we pride ourselves on being a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK. We've scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running and received a five star defaqto rating for offering the highest quality products in the market.
We take pride in creating a supportive, inclusive and safe environment, encouraging people to bring 100% of themselves to work every day and where our people are our most valuable asset. With over 2,800 employees based across our offices in Bournemouth, Eastleigh, Gloucester, London and Manchester, our people help Ageas create a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over five million customers.
We are the Proud Partners of Bourne Free - Bournemouth Pride, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a signatory of the Women in Finance Charter and the Insurance Inclusion Pledge and support the Rays of Sunshine and will continue to broaden our Inclusion agenda.Our purpose is clear:
To make insurance easy and personal for our customers. We live and breathe our values - we care and respect those around us; we dare to push our boundaries, we deliver what we promise, above all, we learn together, inspire others and share success.Want to be part of a Winning Team? Come and join Ageas.Click on the 'Apply button' to be considered for our Senior Risk Pricing Analyst opportunity at Ageas in Bournemouth.