- To provide operational support for the Wintel infrastructure stack at third line level providing the ultimate internal technical escalation point for this stack within the business.
- Responsible for resolving &\or fulfilling incident, problem, change, service requests, break-fix, and backups \ restores.
- Responsible for the 'Deploy and Operate' GPS process on behalf of the Business including Service, Operations and Service transition as per the GPS operating handbook.
- Provide technical Wintel knowledge to support the GPS portfolio management function and Business project requirements
- Provide out of hours technical support by forming part of the on call roster within the team.
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness & performance of the of the organisation's Wintel technology stack operations, which will satisfy service level agreements (SLA's), and operational level agreements (OLA's), with Lines of Business (LoB), and other Run the Bank IT (RTB), teams.
- Responsible for deployment of the Wintel technology stack and component items, including deployment planning, scheduling & control, installations, hardware & software lifecycle management, upgrades (including capacity, modifications & enhancements and end-of-life replacements), as applicable.
- Wintel technology stack operations, including monitoring (command & control), and technical support & optimisation (to maximize availability); inclusive of systems support, communications, automation, storage, backup, restores, user access control, virus protection & safeguarding, as applicable.
- Wintel technology stack service management, including incident-, event-, problem- and request fulfilment management and end user (customer), support, interfacing with the organisation's IT Service Delivery department's process & procedure where applicable.
- Apply & maintain suitable technical skills to support the organisation's Wintel technology stack and its customer base.
- Develop, maintain & support suitable business & IT applications for Wintel stack operations.
- Develop & utilize support interfaces with other departments in the organisation as well as the broader IT group and GPS.
- Wintel technology stack risk management with respect to identifying risk, reporting risk and mitigation \ resolving risk in support of the organisation's risk department and GPS's risk management governance. No acceptance of risk to be undertaken.
- Wintel technology stacks performance reporting against key performance indicators & metrics in support of GPS business management governance & the organisations business management governance.
- Participate in & support architecture designs, roadmaps, planning & deployments.
- Providing support & technical escalation to regional support staff as required.
- Execute additional responsibilities &\or tasks as designated by operational management
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ Years Wintel experience (2nd/3rd line support)
- Preferably an IT related degree or relevant technical certifications
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
- Microsoft Active Directory and supporting services (DNS, DHCP, GPO, etc.)
- Microsoft Certificate Services (PKI infrastructure and certificate management)
- Microsoft Exchange Server (on premise) with Skype for Business instant messaging
- Windows Server Platforms 2008 R2 and above (including roles and features)
- Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), baselines, metrics and thresholds
- Powershell Scripting (platform management and process automation)
- Netbackup Operations, Hardware appliance management and Tape libraries
- Altiris Deployment Server, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Enterprise Vault and EV.Cloud (archive and journaling)
- Veritas Cluster Manager (VCS) and VIOM
- VMware vSphere 6.x including Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- McAfee EPolicy (ePO), Trend OfficeScan and Trend Deep Security Manager
- Blackberry Enterprise Server / Good for Enterprise
- Quest Recovery Manager for Active Directory and Exchange
- Quest Migration Manager (Active Directory Replication)
- HP C7000 Blade Chassis and current Blade servers
- Huawei Platforms (E9000 chassis, V5 blades and rackmount servers)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90957287