IT Project Manager - Office Move / Fit-out
*Local Council* *Outside IR35*
Our client are a Local Council based in NW London who currently require an IT Project Manager / interim expert technical design and project lead to join its Flexible Futures Programme working on the IT fit-out of a new collaborative head office site for 2000 staff (500 concurrent) as well as ancillary sites
You will work as part of the Flexible Futures Programme and through the Council's IT team, working with in-house IT staff and a range of existing network, AV and datacenter delivery partners. Through corporate property they will also liaise with primary and M&E build contractors.
The agreed technology solution must incorporate:
* Building Management Solution or equivalent components and its integration where necessary with IT for networking, power and data flows
* Appropriate power and data cable run to support IT requirements - this must include power supplies in flexible areas, AV, analogue lines for lifts etc.
* Local Area Networking solution - to include LAN switches and Wi-Fi Access Points as the primary means of connection for building users and devices which may include PoE for sensors/CCTV/access control. Working with established LAN providers.
* Agreement of and procurement/implementation of standard work settings based on building designs (power, screens, keyboards, mice, docking stations etc) - to integrate with Councils' existing Microsoft Surface laptop and varied mobile phone estate
* Meeting room and flexible AV solutions - working with the Council's chosen AV provider(s) and reflecting Microsoft 365 collaboration platform already established
* Design and population of small IT hub rooms on specific floors to accommodate network equipment and some storage
* Smart features as required/agreed potentially including the following features, integrated with our Microsoft Teams/Azure environment:
* COVIDsafe visit, room and desk booking features with workflow approvals and reporting - potentially integrated with MS Teams
* COVIDsafe touchless access controls at reception, lifts, etc
* Building signage and wayfinding features integrated with BMS where necessary
* Smart FM asset management, repairs and maintenance
* Data and analytics platform to integrate data from BMS, Sensors, end user apps etc to provide FM and other stakeholders with realtime and historic usage information
Skills and experience:
The right candidate will be experienced in leading on the IT fit-out of major buildings, highly collaborative & communicative and familiar with agile delivery processes.
They will be familiar with BMS systems, Smart Building Technologies, Sensors and IoT and Microsoft 365 platforms including Office & Teams, Azure and SaaS platforms such as Power Platform and PowerBI. They will have a strong delivery discipline be commercially astute and able to tightly manage contractors, whilst also able to gain the confidence of senior Council users and stakeholders on softer requirements issues.
Local Government / Local Council / Public Sector experience is preferred but not essential.
Please apply within updated CV