Creating business architecture models to reflect the organization's strategies and goals
• Representing and leading design authority board which is responsible for all strategic technology architecture and governance
• Improving the IT infrastructure, optimizing business operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programs.
• Ensuring that the technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs
• Accountable for end to end technical solution architecture and sizing (deals >$50Million)
Decide Technology stacks, balance between best technology and price.
• Review, Optimize & Sign-Off Technology Solution and Sizing for integrated solutions comprising multiple competencies (Applications, Infra, Networks, Security, and others) and External partners (Azure, Pega, PAAS providers and similar)
• Extract and Build Differentiators from existing services delivered to customers and working across internal Verticals, Service Lines and Delivery Organization
• Actively engages in the Solution & Application Architecture. Proactively identifies / resolves complex and cross-organizational challenges.
• Influences the evolution of our DevOps adoption of CI/CD processes and transition to a more focused shift-left model.
• Accountable for the technology innovation architecture and delivery team while removing obstacles and providing escalation path.
• Provides direct leadership including coaching for performance, individual & team development, as well as, workforce planning.
• Influential with key decision-makers to help shape the technology strategy Balance the tactical needs and business realities with strategic requirements
• Develop and govern overall architecture (including User Experience, authoring, information, application, mobility, analytics, virtualization & infrastructure)
• Responsible for new technology roadmaps. Recommend which contemporary technologies will drive business value and plans to leverage across the organization for the key business models
• Partners with IT Leaders on business case development with careful consideration of migrating from current or legacy solutions and approaches
• Introduces reusable design components and recommends fit
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
• Previous experience of technology and equivalent senior leadership role to A CTO in a solutions process design role - with knowledge of design & integration of a cloud platform Azure, AWS etc
• A detailed and up to date knowledge of current and emerging technology and trends - e.g. microservices, nocode etc.
• Experience of successfully conceptualising and delivering technology transformation strategies linked to sound business cases
• Background in scoping and delivery of large scale enterprise SI & applications migration and transformation delivery, including portals, re-platforming, integrations, middleware and services
• Credible and comfortable dealing with CxO level briefings, pe-sales and proposal defences, including support for deal teams in developing cost effective but deliverable sales propositions
• Experience of delivering within a large industry SI partner, preferable financial services an onshore/offshore delivery model including the working practices required to underpin and assure delivery
• Comfortable with regular UK travel
• Excellent interpersonal skills with credibility at board level as well as at operational delivery level
• Experience of having delivered using GDC, CoE and other nearshore and offshore delivery centres, plus working with Indian pureplay organisations,
• Experience of successfully working in a matrix delivery structure
• Proven experience of delivering excellence in response to high client expectations
• Managed large teams, complex projects and technology
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT
• 20+ yrs of experience, with 10+ yrs in leading large end to end programs
• Certified TOGAF, ArchiMate or similar
• Experience with Azure - setup, enterprise design, build and run
• Experience of enterprise level portals & enterprise service frameworks
• Expertise in system architecture, enterprise security and data protection
• Exposure to working in large Agile programs with multiple parallel streams
• Great communication skills and experience in working in distributed timezone teams