Senior .NET Developer - Remote working- UK Based
Do you want to work for a forward-thinking, award winning in-house software development team? Does working in a positive culture matter to you? This role is mostly remote working so it doesn't matter where you are based provided you are in the UK.
You will be part of a great team who love new technologies. We have a fast-growing working environment, where we empower and trust our team to work independently whilst also pulling together to achieve our objectives.
We are a diverse team, flexible as to working patterns, and are an equal opportunity employer; for example.
As a Senior .NET Developer you will be involved in the development and support of Keoghs' proprietary applications including Keoghs own case management system, Tracker; and Lauri, our client-facing software-as-a-service legal assistant. These applications are developed within a Scrum Agile Framework and so previous experience of Agile / Scrum framework would be great.
In addition, you will be responsible for assisting in the definition of, and adherence to development patterns and standards.
You will be involved with developing micro-services, containerisation and site reliability engineering so experience in these would also be an advantage. You must also have had strong experience of Test Driven Development and automated testing and deployments and be able to mentor and guide other members of the team towards an automated test driven approach.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate considerable experience in MVC, C#, .NET Core and Azure.
You will lead in the design and development of high quality applications utilising Keoghs' strategic technologies.
• You will work closely with our architects to develop frameworks.
• You must provide technical assistance, support and development skills across the company.
• You will liaise with 3rd party software providers throughout the lifecycle - including design, development, support and maintenance.
• You will be responsible for mentoring and coaching less experience developers, leading by example and guiding others to progress their skills.
• You will be encouraged to experiment with new technologies and make new suggestions where applicable.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
• You must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic that can work with limited supervision.
• You should have good analytical skills.
• You will be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbal.
• You will be co-operative, collaborative, and work toward common goal with others.
• Show a highly committed attitude.
• You must be methodical and accurate, showing great attention to detail.
• You should be open and inclusive approach willing and able to interact internally and externally and at all levels within the company.
• You will be an organised and proactive self-starter.
• C#, MVC 4 and upwards, EF
• RESTful services, Web API
• .NET Core and EF Core
• SQL Server 2016 and upwards
• Microservices architecture
• SOLID principles, Software design patterns
• XUnit and MSTest
• An understanding of Build and Release pipelines in Azure DevOps (CI/CD)
• Secure coding practices, OWASP Top 10
• Azure PaaS offerings
• Azure Service Fabric
• Azure API Management, Application Insights
• Serverless architecture
• Katalon, Selenium or equivalent
How we will support you
• We pride ourselves in offering flexibility with working hours; we can generally accommodate your needs e.g. for caring or for lifestyle balance
• We love to collaborate and will give you lots of opportunities to meet and share ideas with your colleagues and peers
• This role is mostly remote working so it doesn't matter where you are based provided you are in the UK. All we ask is that you are willing to come into our office in Bolton or a location in the surrounding area on an occasional basis, possibly a handful of times a year.
• We will provide you with support from our Head of Technical Capability and our Application Architect to learn and improve our working practices
• We will provide you with a coach to support you with your professional development plan
• You will find that your colleagues are down-to-earth and make for good team-mates.
• PLEASE NOTE: we will not be contacting candidates until a few days after the closing date of the vacancy.
Closing date 11th November 2020
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91078106