Express Recruitment are proud to be partnering a growing independent manufacturer and engineering firm. Due to recent substantial investment within the company and plans for future growth, our client is seeking to expand their specialist team, with the addition of an experienced and technically astute Control Systems Engineer.
The ideal candidate will liaise closely with the Electrical Design Department, whilst communicating directly with customers to provide full scale turn-key solutions.
In return, you receive a generous salary package up to c£38,000, including 30 days holiday including statutory days, and not to mention excellent career progression opportunities.
This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing and dynamic company who provide opportunities for self-development whilst maintaining a flexible and enlightening working environment. The role is based in Newark, Nottinghamshire.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Program PLC's, HMI and SCADA software from scratch
* Carry out in-depth PLC testing prior to test approval
* Compile accurate fault reports and ensure they are documented correctly
* Assist with plant layout designs and interpreting schematic diagrams
* Design control panels, structural machine designs and material handling equipment
* Liaise closely with Mechanical Design and Project Management Department regarding design projects
* Liaise directly with customers in order to fully understand their bespoke specifications
* Oversee the entirety of the overall electrical design projects from initial concept to completion
* Read and understand engineering drawings, general arrangement drawings and schematic diagrams
* Ensure projects are successfully delivered within the designated deadlines times
Qualification and Experience:
* Degree/HND/HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
* The ability to design PLC/HMI/SCADA programmes from scratch is essential
* Proficient with Allen Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi, and Siemens S7 PLC's
* Experienced in using 2D & 3D AutoCAD and AutoCAD Inventor strongly desirable
* Experience in working to bespoke design specifications
* Knowledge and understanding of the control panels, material handling equipment, automated and plant machinery, and process equipment strongly desirable
* Competent project management abilities
* Excellent communicative skills, both written and verbally
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency