PAYROLL SPECIALIST - PERM - £30-35,000
Pertemps are actively recruiting for a Payroll Specialist for a Manufacturing company in Sunderland. The organisation are looking for an experienced Payroll candidate who is able to complete end to end payroll and implement new procedures into the business. The payroll is currently outsourced and the company want to bring it now inhouse so experience of doing this would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate will have payroll experience from a manufacturing/automotive background and processing payroll for 200+ staff
- To process, manage and maintain monthly payroll input for hourly and salaried employees using the Company's payroll system.
- To coordinate monthly payroll validation and authorisation in accordance with the Company's Delegation of Authority.
- To manage the payroll year end process in conjunction with Finance and relevant internal stakeholders,
- To manage the end of year expenses and benefit process, with support from wider HR team.
- To maintain all employee data in the Company's corporate HR Information System (HRIS).
- To respond to all pay queries; dealing with day to day issues effectively, and escalating complex queries to the HR Manager, as appropriate.
- To administer all employee benefits such as pension, Company Share Scheme, cycle to work scheme, healthcare and any other employee benefits, including day to day employee queries, updating benefit portal(s) and supporting benefit launches.
- To manage and maintain the Time & Attendance system with employee data, providing SME support to employees and manages, including training.
- To prepare management reports in accordance with site and departmental KPI's, including ad hoc reporting as required.
- To manage the HR email box and workflow in accordance with agreed SLA's, directing employee queries to the appropriate HR team member.
- To manage and coordinate Sickness Absence Notifications in accordance with the Company's Sickness Absence policy and procedure.
- To coordinate all GDPR activity including but not limited to creating records of processing activities (ROPAs), creating privacy impact assessments (PIAs) and carrying out regular audits of all data processing activity.
Key Skills/Experience & Qualifications:
- CIPP or CIPD certification (L4 as a minimum).
- Demonstrated experience in Payroll processing.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Payroll and HR information systems.
- Confident in dealing with external stakeholders and handling queries.
- Strong organisation and administration skills; meticulous attention to detail and strive for accuracy
- The ability to work and achieve required outcomes in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Proven ability to work creatively and in an ambiguous environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Passionate about helping people and resolving issues.
- The ability to be a self-starter and work proactively to deadlines, without the need for prompting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in launching a payroll system for an automotive site (preferred but not mandatory).
- High level of expertise in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, charts, lookup functions are required). Testing may be administered to verify.